mission impossible

I hope this won't color the way you think of me. Usually, I'm a very honest and kind person. I try to teach my children right from wrong. I have morals and values.

So please, try not to judge me.

Saturday the fam came over. Now if you've read my blog for any length of time, you know that my mother-in-law is a quack. She is one taco short of a combination plate. She is NOT the sharpest knife in the drawer. She is the dullest tool in the shed. She has completely lost all of her marbles. How my amazing wonderful husband came out of this woman still baffles my mind. Sometimes I wonder...was there a baby switch?

Anyway, I guess you are probably realizing that my MIL came over to my house on Saturday. (very smart of you) We had a fun time, looking at old pictures, being very silly. (my SIL came over too, and she is LOADS of fun.)

At one point of the day, things were crazy. People were laughing, joking, just having a ball. I noticed that my MIL was putting a box in her purse. The box, was some coffee that she had given my daughter in November, when my daughter got a coffee maker for her birthday. Now, just so you know, my daughter hasn't made coffee for a long time, and nobody else drinks coffee around here, so the coffee maker and different coffees are all sitting on the counter. During lunch, the MIL had asked if she could make a pot of coffee. No problem, go right ahead.

Back to the story. I saw my MIL putting this box of coffee in her purse. Now remember, the place was crazy, so when I saw her putting the coffee in her purse, I didn't really question it. I figured she has asked my daughter if she could have it back since my daughter didn't drink it.

Now fast forward to Easter morning. We get up, we sort through our baskets that the Easter bunny had left. (yum yum) We search the house for the eggs that the Easter bunny had hidden through out the house. Then we eat breakfast. Mind you, it's just my little family, the kids and Bossman. As we sit down to breakfast, I remember the coffee. I ask my daughter if she gave the coffee to her grandma. Nope, she didn't. Didn't even know Grandma took the coffee. Asked Bossman the same thing...nope, he didn't either. So I tell them what I saw the day before. MIL sneaking coffee into her purse.

Well, we all start laughing. We can't believe that MIL, stole coffee from us. Has she asked any one of us, we would have gladly given it to her, for the wildchild hasn't been drinking coffee.

So suddenly, an idea forms. Guess who we were going to eat Easter dinner with? MIL. Guess whose house we were going to be going to? Again...MIL. So, while sitting around the breakfast table we decide we are going to steal it back.

That's right people. Bossman and I decided that we should teach our children petty thievery. In case things don't work out well for them in traditional careers, we wanted them to have something to fall back on. Aren't we GREAT parents?

So around the table we start planning our strategy. We come up with funny hand signals. Everyone has an assignment. Little man is going to distract grandpa. Wildchild has the biggest purse, so she is going to do the actual stealing. The little man told me that I could sit on the couch and pretend to watch TV. OH-my-goodness. We laughed sooo hard when he told me that. I had to pretend to watch TV. Aren't we the sneaky ones?

Anyway, the code words were... The Kittles has meowed. (Kittles is our cat.) Once we heard those words, we knew that the deed had been done. All we needed was the mission impossible song going in the back ground.


We had the best time planning that mission. We all laughed so hard we could barely keep the food in our mouths.

So, bet you are wondering, did the plan work? Yes, it worked. I pretended to watch TV, the little man distracted his grandpa, and while the MIL went into the bathroom, the wildchild took back the coffee.

So there you have it. It was probably one of the best Easters we have had. Oh, and I wasn't sick. So that made it even better!

Yes, I know, I'm a horrible parent. Teaching children to steal from their own grandparents. Someone should call the authorities right away!

But in the end, she stole from us. And anyway you slice it, that was just WRONG. So we weren't ACTUALLY stealing, we were just taking back what was rightfully ours to begin with. The NERVE of some people!

Now I'm just waiting until she finds it missing. Will she be bold enough to call us on it? Next time she comes over, I'm thinking of taking it out and asking her if she wants it because we don't drink it....LOL.

Well, watch your purses and pockets while you visit. You never know what our NEXT mission will be.

MMMMMAAAAWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

later...

14 comments:

  1. How fuuny! lol

    I don't see it that you're teaching your kids wrong. Just survival skills .. of some sort! You better watch it though, now MIL might think she's going mad and want to stay with her son and DIL for her safety and protection! *g*

    Glad you had a good weekend.

    ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This...THIS is why I love you!!! You are a genius... and a darned brave one, I might add. Love it, love it, love it.

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace,

    That's the kind of conspiracy we'd love to he a part of. What a hoot!

    Hugs,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hilarious! It's so important to do things together as a family! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was just great. I thought I was the only evil twisted big head out here. Grace I bow down to you oh evil one

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Thanks for sharing this, Grace - I needed a laugh today! And no, I don't think you did anything wrong at all!

    Huggs,
    Reesa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE hearing how your sneaky, devious little mind works... and way to go one-upping Grandma!!!!

    ROFLMAO!!!!

    By the way, I believe in the Easter Bunny, too... he is big and pink, which is why he doesn't like to be seen...but don't tell him that I told you that...

    Oh, yeah, and he's bald on top but furry everywhere else, too! And has hazel eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The family that steals together stays together!

    Next time you are pretending to watch tv you should check out Still Standing 6pm my time on Lifetime!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was soooo funny! I'm glad you did that- it sort of made it lighthearted and the kids will learn that its not right to steal.
    Too bad it was their grandmother- she sounds like a nut.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL What a fun mission, Grace! That is a memory none of you will ever forget, I'll bet! Thanks for sharing this delightful bit of thievery. I could just imagine how much fun it must have been...both to plan and to execute! Can't wait to hear what happens in the next installment!
    hehehehehe
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grace, that was hilarious, would never have worked with my mil, she was far to sharp.

    Can I recruit the four of you for my gang, I'm sure with your help I can terrorise the whole of Cornwall, make Al Capone look like a piker.

    Loved it. *G*
    Whatever the problem was solved it.
    Warm hugs,

    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!! I could hear the mission impossible theme playing in the back ground! I really think this was a good fammly project but it the kids ask about moving up to jewels or banks you may need to have another talk with them!

    Big hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just stumbled on your blog and I must say I love your writing! the MIL post had me laughing so hard!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter. Thanks for the bit of humor, I will be back to read more.

    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  14. My only comment is your first paragraph you asked for people to still think of you as a good person. I ponder how when you first started this blog you just wrote random thoughts without caring what people thought of you. Even though we communicate 110% I kinda wish I had a place to read your inner-unedited thoughts about stuff. You've got an awesome group of friends, just realize that I and I'm sure your friends will appreciate you no matter what you say. Love ya Babe!!

    ReplyDelete