I've lost my writing mojo for the moment. This hasn't been the best week. Things have been hectic and busy and crazy.
I will update you on a couple of things happening in our lives.
The little man's neck is doing WAY better. Part of the chaos in my life has to do with football. Football started this week. That means that every.single.day there is football practice. Every.single.day! But he is doing fine and his neck is back to normal.
D had to have an upper and lower GI this week to determine if the cancer was spreading. The tumor, itself, has shrunk, but the blood count numbers went up. Good news is, other than a hernia, they found nothing else! Really good news! She will be heading to LA for treatment of the tumor next week.
The MIL is making our lives STRESSFUL! We haven't spoke to her for a while, but she's sent nasty e-mails to D, calling me dreadful names, and calling D dreadful names, as well. I'm stressed out, and I don't even have a tumor on my liver....it has been even harder on D. None of us can speak to the MIL. The one good thing? The MIL said in the e-mail that she didn't want to speak to me ever again. I think I'll print that out and keep in in my wallet. That way, if she tries to talk to me, I can just whip it out and shove it in her face!
~sigh~
We haven't been able to try most of our toys. I'm very frustrated at this, but between life and my period, well, there just hasn't been a good time for experimenting.
I will admit though, we did try out our Kama Sutra oil. Believe it or not, I suggested giving Bossman a bj. I KNOW! Shocking, right? I just HAD to try the oil! Ceeci was the one that suggested the oil to us. We had others in our hand, but when she told me how fantastic it was, I had to get some. I'm pleased to say, she was CORRECT! This stuff is fantastic. I can tell you that Bossman really, really, really enjoyed it. I will admit that it was a lot better for me too. I'm not willing to admit that I am now a fan of the bj, but I can see how we could work this into our life a little more than we have been. We are anxious to try this oil on other parts of our bodies. This oil is yummy and slippery and...and...well, you'll have to get some for yourself if you want to know more!
I have to admit, I'm having a hard time writing up stuff about our trip to LA. It's not that I can't remember anything, I remember it all very clear. It's just that I can't make my words sound nearly as good as it really was. Everything I write, I end up leaving for later, for I can't adequately describe these people that I met and the places that we went. It's still very surreal for me.
This is what keeps floating through my brain:
First there were just words on a screen. A comment here, an e-mail there.
Words, just words.
Then the words became more personal. A name here, a picture there.
Pictures and names became voices on the phone. Cards on a holiday, packages in the mail.
Is this real, or just a voice in my mind?
After years of words, voices and pictures, a meeting is set.
The day arrives, texts are sent, voices, voices, voices....
Real. They are real, the voices, the pictures, the words....
Flesh and blood...
Real.live.people. Expressions, laughter, eye rolls, hugs....
No need to hide my true self, time to come out of my shell.
Stick my head out, slowly, tentatively.
Safety, no judgment.
Real People.
Real Friends.
Glad the little man's neck is better. I sure remember those sports days. In this house it was season after season of softball.
ReplyDeleteI like how you put our meeting into words. How very real it all is. How very real we all are!!! And you're right. It all started out with words on a screen.
Amazing.
Love you!!!
Eva
Nice to have real friends...I think what you just wrote was lovely... :-)
ReplyDeleteGrace, one of you best posts yet.
ReplyDeleteYou are definitely not normal and I love you.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
I love you Grace but I could do without your counter! Mollie did some sports but never an every day schedule.
ReplyDeleteYou do describe the meeting very well. All I can say is that one meeting is NOT going to be enough.
Hugs,
PK
And one more thing. In addition to using caller ID I think a round of new email addresses might by in order in your family!
ReplyDeleteGrace, I think your words are flowing beautifully. I wish things with the MIL would ease off on you and Bossman.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Carye
Glad to hear D's prognosis is getting better. Will keep her in my thoughts. Your post was very lovely and expressed how you felt. Thanks for the Truth!
ReplyDeleteC
I'm glad to hear his neck is better and D'S news was better than you thought. Some of my best friends are out here in cyber land.
ReplyDelete*hugs and grins*
Grace, I loved how you put the words floating through your brain. It's all good, isn't it? Sometimes I wonder if this is what the internet was created for - to connect us all. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your SIL is getting better and Little Man's neck is better. I can't believe we're in football season again. :( The frown is for me, although I enjoy a good Sunday at home reading, cooking or whatever. Its peaceful.
I'm so sorry about the MIL. Life should not be so hard. Don't beat yourself up too much over this. You are acting like the grownup and doing all the right things.
I have got to get the name of that oil! :)
Take care,
Debbie :)
Debbie, Eva left a great picture of the oil on her site. Just google kama sutra, you'll have no trouble finding it. It's really lovely stuff. And I love the tin that it came in also. I can leave it on the dresser and the kids think nothing of it.
ReplyDeleteEva, PK, Love you too guys!
Terps, THANKS! Sometimes I get scared at all the words floating around in my brain!
Paul, good thing I'm not normal, I don't think I'd fit in around here if I was...LOL
Carye, Thanks! And the MIL? I just have to move on with my life and not worry about her!
C, thanks for the thoughts on D. She is trying to be positive even through the stress of her mother. However, we will be right by her side!
David, isn't it great that we are able to meet such great people that accept us as we are? Hard to find that in real life!
HUGS!
grace