life is always in the way

As I mentioned in my last post, football season has started. The little man, well, he's not so little anymore. He's one of the biggest on the team and the boy can PLAY this year! So far, he's looking like the one to be afraid of. I know I wouldn't want to be hit by him!

The good news is, Bossman is NOT coaching this year. We've had quite enough of THAT, thank you very much! Bossman did the best he could, as a coach, but he had never coached before, and it was just not fun. This year, he and I are sitting on the sidelines, enjoying watching our son play ball. It's a lot more fun!

Tomorrow Bossman is going in for a minor surgery. He has a bump on his forehead. It's been getting bigger and bigger and so he finally went to the doctor. Turns out it's a fatty tumor, which is called a lipoma. The doc says he has a better chance of dying in a car accident than having it be cancer, so we are grateful for that. He does need to have it removed though.

The worst part of this is just wondering how bad it will be. Is it going to be a big cut, is it going to be a small cut? Will there be a scar? It is right on his forehead and unlike me, he doesn't have enough hair to cover it.

I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Our toys are sitting on the shelf staring at me. A couple of them are still in the packaging. They are crying out to be used! I feel so bad for them. HECK, I feel bad for ME! A week from tomorrow school starts! I'm hoping this means more time with no kids in the house. I'm hoping this means some of those toys can quit staring at me! I'm hoping!

So, that's my life right now. How's your life going?

10 comments:

  1. I hope the surgery goes well, and hopefully the scar won't be too bad. They ca do miracles these days.

    Hope those toys get put to good use very soon!

    Huggs!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lipoma is nothing to worry about. And if he has a good plastic surgeon, the scar will hardly show once it has healed.

    Ron had some surgery on his nose just before Hallowe'en one year. He looked really bad, with black stitches, a black eye, swelling everywhere. He scared the kids who came trick or treating. I had on a fake plastic 'worm through the face' so he wouldn't feel so bad. We were a very ugly pair!

    You can't even tell he's had surgery now, unless you know what to look for.

    Be prepared to nurse Bossman and be very gentle with him.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep you both in my thoughts tomorrow. Even 'minor' surgery on a loved one is stressful for the one sitting in the waiting room :(

    Here's to having that shelf stop staring at you soon!!

    ~ Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. My life is going fine thank you - that is until school starts in less than two weeks!!! I fear this is something we will never agree on! Out toys have been getting lots of use while I have been off work. Working again does no thrill me.

    I am glad Little Man is going to be one of the biggest. I fear for the mom's of the smaller ones.

    I took out lots of fatty tumors when I worked for the vet. They really are harmless and human doctors might be even better than the vet of course we usually did usually count on a nice fur coat to cover any tail-tail signs. But i was a very neat with needle and thread!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad football is starting soon. Thinking of u all tomorrow. Enjoy the last few days of summer, lol.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all goes well for bossman tomorrow.

    Wish we were all back in LA!!!!

    Miss you!!

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had a few lipomas cut off, they usually are not a problem. Great you caught it early, but sounds like you could have done this even sooner.
    Not really fair, you wanting teachers back at work, just so you can be spanked... oh well, c'est la vie.
    good luck
    mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trying to enjoy the last little bits of summer...chasing the sunshine... :-)
    Hope you get to enjoy those toys soon... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any surgical procedure is scary but of course this one will turn out fine. Still, I appreciate both your feelings on this. :)

    And yeah, my ex coached Little League ONCE and never again; wow, parents can be dickwads, they really really can. He got so much abuse over his decisions, it was incredible. It's a GAME, folks, and these are LITTLE KIDS. Sheesh.

    Enjoy being on the other side this year! I know exactly how great that feels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grace, seems to me that you are doing very well, lets hope that this coninues.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete