I know it's not officially Tuesday...but in Australia it is. So technically I'm not a day early.
Oh well, it doesn't matter if I'm early, the news I have to share is so good, it just can't wait until tomorrow. I'm so incredibly grateful, I can't STAND it!
The good news? You want the good news?
Eh, you can wait for it! First I want to give you my X list. (HA, Amber...I AM going to do the X's...LOL)
X-ray: How glad am I that we have x-rays and MRI's and CT scans and such? Where would we be without those things to tell us if something is wrong? My SIL, D, would be dead without that kind of technology.
Ok, fine I don't have any more X's! BUT, I do have really good news and I think I'm ready to tell you about it now.
D is in Houston getting scans to see if the treatment is working for her cancer. I just got a call from her......
The cancer in her lungs is 75% gone! That's right! 75%! The cancer in her bile ducts is cut in half and the tumors in her liver has shrunk significantly!
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!
The doctors told her that they haven't seen anyone make this kind of progress in this short of time. She's only been on the meds for 2 months! They said she is the number one patient. OMG! This is so exciting I have goosebumps just typing this!
So yeah, We are all pretty grateful here in Graceland today! It's seems like it's a miracle! Miracles happen people! Hope is always there, even when people say there is no hope.
I know God had a hand in this. But whether you believe in God or not, it's still amazing! I'm so very grateful for the doctors and the scientist that made this possible. Sure...we don't know what the future holds. But we know that for now, the future looks AMAZING!
One more thing I'm grateful for is YOU! You have sent up prayers and good thoughts for someone you didn't even know. This is such a gift. Every thought and prayer was heard and appreciated. That's why I just HAD to come here first and tell you all the good news!
Take the time today to be grateful. As a matter of fact, take the time everyday to be grateful! There are so many things to be grateful for but it's sometimes hard to see them. Life is good...let's not waste a second being ungrateful!
Fantastic!! I too am grateful for x-rays, CT scans and the like and for doctors and for research and to those patients willing to take risks to further research. I'm happy D is better and hope she will be able to see this all the way through to well!
ReplyDeleteBut I am most grateful, as you said, for God who guided all the doctors on their research and different inventions that have helped so much.
Hugs,
PK
Grace, I'm just so very excited for you all! Yay! Yay! Yay! I've prayed and prayed for her, and this is just awesome news!
ReplyDeleteBig hugs,
Tracy
Wonderful news!! This has been long-awaited, I know, but you finally have something to cheer about! Hugs, Meow
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome news!! I just got access to a computer and I get to hear good news!! God is good.
ReplyDeletejean
Grace, such good news, so glad that our prayers have been answered, as of course they always are.
ReplyDeleteSometimes we don't recognise an answer.
If everybody understood the necessity of gratitude the world would be a much happier place.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
OH Grace that's wonderful news and thanks you so much for sharing it with us.
ReplyDeleteI will be smiling all day now.
Ronnie
xx
awesome...a miracle for sure!
ReplyDeleteGrace, that is absolutely fantastic news! I am so thrilled for D and all of your family.
ReplyDeleteWarm hugs,
Debbie :)
God IS good, and answers our prayers. We therefore, should stop being so amazed when He does!!
ReplyDeleteGive thanks to Him for the privilege of being a tiny part of this miracle He has granted; continue to pray for D to go from strength to strength, and for all the illnesses which have no right to rule over D's life to wither and die.
There is immense power in prayer...Don't you find it strange when people say, "All I can do is pray" as though thats not much, when in fact, its HUGE!!!
I am so thrilled for you all, Grace. I share your joy and wonder at the miracle you are witnessing now. God bless you all! xxx Hugs, Daisy xxxxxxxxxxxxx
May your sis-in-law continue her recovery until the cancer is all gone.
ReplyDeleteIsn't God amazing!! I am so happy for D and your family!! Prayers of thanks now being said....
ReplyDeleteC
I am *crying* here, Grace! Such wonderful news!
ReplyDeleteAs for prayers, I'm not sure how they work or why. Certainly everyone has prayed and prayed very hard for our loved ones to recover and sometimes they do and other times they don't. And it seems to be random. An evil person who does terrible crimes might recover and a small child who is prayed for by hundreds or thousands of people won't. Why? If God is good, if God listens to prayers and decides upon upon our prayers what to do, why not save the well-loved child?
But if that were true, then people would live or die based upon how well liked they are and obviously it doesn't work that way.
That being said, I do believe in the power of prayer. I think it works on a level we can't really understand because we are only human. I think in certain circumstances people can be helped by prayer as long as it doesn't go against other positive forces already in place. Sometimes people die for good reasons we won't understand until later, or maybe only when we die or maybe never. Because I'm not sure there is anything after we die.
But there always is a reason, even if we don't understand it.
Anyway. That's my two cents on that. :)
So I think everyone did help with D because in D's case, we were capable of helping. That's why it's important to always pray; you never know when your prayers might really help someone.
{{{{{{{{{{{big, big hugs to you and D and your entire family}}}}}}}}}}}
So happy for you all! :)
Hi, i wonder if you like exchange links with my spanking blog. Let me know!
ReplyDeleteBest Regards
Enzo
So glad about D...happy news! :-)
ReplyDelete