those crazy teens

Thanksgiving was a success! By success, I mean, no mus*lim, the turkey didn't burn and enough leftovers for today! Plus, we didn't kill each other, we had a great time together without fussing! YAY us!

Usually we do the Black Friday thing. Bossman and I went and got a paper so we could look at all the ads. Yes, I looked them all up online, but there is something about seeing it on paper that makes it easier for me. We looked through all the ads and we just weren't impressed. There didn't seem to be much that we needed bad enough to get up super early. Then, the wildchild called.

She left about 8pm to go to a friends. Hey, we had her for the whole day, so I wasn't going to complain. She called a few hours later and said she was going to spend the night. She told me she and her friend were going to go to Wal-mart around 3am, just to see who was there and how many people were there. I told Bossman her plan and he called her back. He told her if she was going to do that, could she just stay there and get some stuff that we saw in the ad. Of course, being the crazy teen she is, she was more than happy to do that.

She came home and got the list and the money. At 6am I heard her come in the door. I got up to see if she was successful.....

YAY! She pulled an all-nighter but she and her friend got everything on the list! Including a blu-ray player for 78 bucks! Also a sweet leather computer chair for 35!

Apparently they had quite the experience! Loads of people and not much moving space, but they made it a mission to get everything we asked for. We told them they didn't have to go and if they couldn't get everything, it was ok, but they were determined. She tells me they made quite the team. One would wait in line while the other pushed and shoved their way through the crowd to get the items on the list.

I guess that's the benefit of having a crazy teen!

So, how was your Thanksgiving and did you get any great deals on Black Friday?

6 comments:

  1. Hey Grace,

    Nice work on the BrawlMart trip! We had a game of Clueless later that night where we attempted to put the fun in dysfunction - it went fairly smoothly given no one was paying attention except me & I still lost dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, glad that you had a good day, and that the Wildchild and her friend actually proved useful, well done girls?
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving. Good team work from the girls.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    Love.
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has the shopping and the cooking mantle been passed to the next generation? It sounds like a good idea to me. These girls are young and saw it all as an adventure instead of a chore. That great. Tell her I'm impressed!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a great Thanksgiving! And, Wow, getting someone to do the Black Friday shopping! That's cool! Meow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Wildchild! Can I send her my shopping list, or can she send me some of her shopping attitude? Looking at it all as a big adventure... hmmmm, maybe she's on to something, like the spirit of the season!

    I'm glad your Thanksgiving dinner was a success. Leftover turkey... is there anything better?

    *hugs*
    CeeCi

    ReplyDelete