A new start on life

Time has certainly flown by, hasn't it?

Last I checked I was headed camping. Camping was a success! We had tons of fun and the Boy went fishing for the first time. Not only did he catch a fish, he gutted it and ate it. (I didn't participate in any of the latter events! YUCK)

Summer has ended for us. The Boy started Jr. High school. Crazy right? I mean, when I started this blog, he was in kindergarten! I'm still amazed at how old my kids are.

Since school has started I've decided it's time to get a new start on life. The summer was a big blur and it's just nice to get back to semi-normal. We've mourned and although we will continue to mourn, we are moving on.

Another fresh start is not having cancer treatment. I went to the oncologist on Wed. and he said I was doing well. BUT....I am anemic right now and it's not due to low iron. So I went and had 5 vials of blood drawn. I should find out the results on Monday. I'm on a drug called tamoxifen for 5 years. Honestly, I thought my life was over. I've been on the cancer blogs and disscussion sites. People taking this stuff are miserible. I was scared! But...I'm doing well on it. I haven't had much of the side effects. The main one being hot flashes. YAY....this probably means it won't send me into menopause! That is a very, very good thing.

Of course I realize that writing all this down means that something is bound to happen. Surely life can't just get back to normal...can it? Let's hope I didn't just jinx it!

So, other than being tired...I'm doing good. Bossman and I are heading to Vegas on Labor day and spending the week there with NO kids. I'm excited for that, I just hope I have enough energy.

Well, enough about me. How have you been? I've missed you all!

Written while ignoring laundry by::
post signature

8 comments:

  1. This is so good to read Grace. I'm glad you're doing good. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May life continue to improve...and may you have a wonderful week in Vegas.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, it's good to hear from you.
    My wife had cancer, she was on radio therapy and tamoxifen, the side effects were unpleasant, this was eight years age, she is still going strong.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    May you win big in Vegas.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Grace, honey!

    So glad to hear the prayers are working, along with the drugs... a friend of mine is a doctor, she too had cancer and is still on her tamoxifen,(4 years now) she has no side effects that I have noticed, she says a positive outlook works wonders, along with a good supply of love! And you have both, so you keep on going with that fresh start! Love n hugs n prayers, xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace,
    Nice to have you back! My mom is a breast cancer survivor, went through the same regimen as you did. She is doing great! Enjoy Vegas,,it is so much fun! abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am at the beginning where you have come through. Today will get the result of all the tests that they've done these last few weeks. So spanking contunues.. good! Though I am supposed to be the spanker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Grace, how did I miss your post, sorry.

    Good to hear you're doing good. Enjoy your week in Vegas.

    Love.
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace,Glad you had fun camping. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you are doing well...have a great time in Vegas

    ReplyDelete