I'm still alive and there was a spanking

I'm still alive and I still have a cough so really I'm only half alive because JEEZ I'm sick of coughing.

How was that for a run-on sentence?

So, how's life?  Mines good.  I'm frustrated with the girl I babysit for.  She is annoying the bejeesus out of me.  She tells me a couple of weeks ago that I wouldn't have to babysit this week because her hubby would be off work.  GREAT!  I was so excited to have a week to myself.  THEN, on Thursday of last week I confirmed that this was the week and she was like...OH, I need to you watch her because hubby will be staying home to clean out the garage.

Clean out the garage????

GAH!

I was so pissed.  But damn-it, I'm too nice.  I can't say no.  I hate that about myself.  Why can't I be more mean?

Well, all is not lost, in 2 weeks the mother will have spring break and I have told her I will NOT babysit that week. 

Also, I've decided I'm not going to babysit anymore.  I'll finish out the school year and then I'm done.  I haven't told the mommy yet, but I will.  I've considered telling her I could do it part time, like 2 or 3 times a week, but I will not do it everyday.  I'm sick of sitting around the house everyday.  I need to get out and do something useful.  I haven't decided what that will be, but I have a lot of time to think about it.  So, I'm definitely looking forward to summer.

Of course, summer will probably put a damper on the spanking, but there isn't much I can do about that situation, unless I ship the boy off to summer camp.  Which....now that I think about it....that is a GREAT idea!

Speaking of spanking.....

I got a doozy on Friday.  Here's the back story.  The last couple of weeks I have either been hurting with the neck, or I've been sick with the cough.  So, Bossman didn't really get on me for the rules.  Friday, I was feeling better.  Before we got out of bed, I woke up crabby, we had a bit of a argument.  Bossman got pissed and left for work. 

Bossman showed up at home right before the little one was heading home.  I asked what he was doing home so early and he said he was here to spank me.  HUH!  I wasn't really expecting THAT!

After the little one left, he took me into the bedroom and started lecturing.  He was upset that I hadn't done much that day and he was really upset with how I had treated him in the morning.  He brought out the wooden spoon and went to town on my butt.  He lectured as he went and WOW, it hurt.

The great thing about it was things were better after we were done.  I was in a better mood, he was in a better mood and we just carried on.  He left me home to do my chores while he went to pick up the little man from school so I had time to think by myself. 

Really I just thought how lucky I am!

Written while ignoring laundry by::
post signature

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you're still sick, but so glad you and Bman are feeling better. Sounds like you have a good plan for the future as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace,
    My cough is still bothering me nearly 5 weeks later - hope yours leaves sooner. Now I know you're young but at 40 you are supposed to learn to say 'no' when you need to!! The next step, 50 is even better - you can say anything you damn well please!

    I think you will enjoy being out of the house - I think the little man (who is not so little anymore) would LOVE camp!

    I also think Bossman did a great job. Give him a hug for me!

    Hugs to you too,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your starting to feel better, sorry that cough is still there. Totally understand the need to get out more. MMM summer camp, even a part time one might be fun

    ReplyDelete