failed at being submissive

Hello!  Long time, no see. 

Writing has become a chore.  It has become something that I have to work at. I haven't felt the urge to write because things haven't been good in our relationship.

So I sit here staring at a screen, the cursor blinking, waiting for the letters and words to come pouring out.

Part of me wants to write it all out.  I want to lay it all out for everyone to see.  Part of me wants to keep it hidden...embarrassed to have to admit that things aren't going well.

And they aren't.  Going well, that is.

Also, as I struggle to admit that things aren't going well, I wonder how much I should spill here.  Because honestly, there are things I'd like to say, without Bossman reading it.  There are deep feelings that I don't feel like admitting to him right now.  I wish I could keep it private from him.

Who am I kidding?  He doesn't read here.  Besides, we've talked.  He pretty much knows what's going on.

So, how do I even begin?  I don't know how to start a post explaining how bad our relationship is right now.  I don't know how to admit that spanking is probably over, for good.  I can't begin to describe how hurt and upset that makes me.  It makes me sick thinking about it.  Maybe this is the part that I don't want Bossman to know.  I don't want him to know how devastated I am that this part of our relationship is ending.

I know what you are thinking.  You are wondering what happened.

I wonder the same thing. 

How did this happen?  I never expected it.  I didn't think this would happen to us. 

So how did we get here? 

It all started when Bossman decided to use spanking for something serious that was between us. 

See, I don't like being touched, or should I say groped.  I don't like washing the dishes and having him come up behind me and grab my boobs.  I don't like changing my top in front of him because I know he'll try to grab them, or tweak them or something.

I just don't like it.  Nothing will ever change it.  Not even spanking.  We tried it....and when it didn't work, Bossman gave up.  He decided that if I couldn't submit to that, what was the point?  Because if I was truly submissive, then he could decide what to use spanking for, not me.  If I decide that, then I'm in control.

Now, don't get the wrong idea.  He is just a normal man, with normal feelings toward his wife.  He wants to be able to touch me whenever he wants.  I get that.  BUT, I can't change my feelings.  I can't do it.  I tried....I tried so hard!  But I just couldn't.  It's just so hard!!!! 

I feel so sad!  I caused this.  I couldn't be submissive enough and that is what I wanted to be all along.  I let myself down and I let my husband down.  This is my fault.  My husband was just doing what I wanted.  And I failed!

Since this happened....(early summer) Things have been bad between us.  Nothing mean or nasty, more like we've turned into roommates.  He's waiting for me to make a move.  He wants me to initiate sex.  He stopped touching me completely.  I feel like he's given up on me.

This is the opposite of what it should be. 

What's next?  I just wish we could go back.  Back to the way things were.  Things were good then.  They weren't perfect, but they were way better than they are now. 

We are trying, trying to figure out how it's going to be between us now. 

I'm just so mad at myself.

And really, really sad.

20 comments:

  1. Do you know why you don't like being touched? Could hypnosis help? Therapy? Just some thoughts.


    Have you tried touching or groping yourself? If so, does that bother you too? Did you breast feed? How did that go?

    I'm not really seeking answers just throwing out thoughts for you to consider. Don't know if it's old news to you but just thoughts that popped in my mind.

    Sorry things are so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it stems from being sexually abused as a child. Weird thing is.... I breast fed my son for a whole year. So who knows? It's just embedded in me. Oh I like being touched during sex.

      Delete
  2. Grace,
    I'm sorry things are so hard right now. While it makes me sad for you both, I am a die-hard optimist. I think it's good that you're writing. It doesn't fix anything exactly, but it can help you sort your thoughts, explore them. Nothing will be fixed tomorrow. But maybe as you talk to yourself here, and us, just maybe you'll know what to say or write to Bossman.

    I love you Grace, I want you happy. I want you both happy.

    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will somehow muddle thru. It just seems impossible right now.

      Thanks for the love! I love you too!

      Delete
  3. Grace, you said it ... there is a difference in being touched and groped. I feel the same way.

    Let me add, too, that it seems to have been a pretty sucky summer for a lot of folks here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really read many blogs this summer....although I hate that others are going through a hard time, it's nice to know I'm not alone!

      Delete
  4. Hey Grace I been thinking about you ...I'm sorry your goin through this..just relax it will work itself out...As rogue said a lot of us have had a sucky summer and been in a slump..maybe we will all have a warm cozy winter :)

    big hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this! It's hard but I think it will be ok.

      Delete
  5. It's a hard limit for you! Hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hard limit....I hadn't heard that phase before but I like it. It is definately a hard limit.

      Delete
  6. Hi Grace,
    I am sorry things are not well for you right now. I have to believe in my heart that things will get better for the two of you. That does not make the right now any easier. And I do not believe you failed. Being fondled outside of the bedroom is something you are uncomfortable with and not ready to explore - this may change or not - but it does not mean you fail as a submissive. Perhaps more communication. I have no answers. Just know I am thinking of you and wish joy for the two of you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Communication is not going well right now, but we are trying.

      Delete
  7. Grace, I don't think having limits is failing as a submissive. In reading what you have written it seems as though you want to get past some of this, do you think your husband might be willing to go slow and find ways that he can touch you that feel good? Sunny suggested therapy, maybe a therapist could find a way to get you over your fear/dislike of being touched. I am so sorry that you are mad at yourself because of your adult coping mechanism to something that happened to you as a child...I hope you can find a way to mend. Be gentle with yourself and I hope you find your path out of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Therapy is something I have considered. It's just overwhelming to even think about finding someone and telling them my problems that stops me.

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry you guys seem to have hit a rough patch.

    I don't think you failed at being submissive. It's okay to have limits, especially given your history, and Bossman needs to respect that.

    If it is something you want to work on and change, maybe you need to take things a little slower. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to take spanking for that off the table for now as well. Maybe instead of him coming up behind you while you're doing dishes and groping he can turn you around for a slow kiss and ease into touching you.

    For a long time, having my head touched during oral was a hard limit for me. I did not want to be touched and if Steve got anywhere near to touching my head, I was done. I stopped right then and it was over.

    It was something I wanted to change. I wanted to trust that he wouldn't push. So we started slow with him putting his hands on my shoulders. Once I was okay with that, he moved up to hands on the back of my neck. Then he started stroking my hair, but not actually putting his hand down on my head. Eventually we not only made it to his hand on my head during oral, but I got to where I actually trusted him to guide my head.

    It wasn't an overnight process, but we did eventually get there. We just kept talking and taking baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing. I think we are going to have to start over and take baby steps. It's just hard!

      Delete
  9. Oh honey - I'm so sorry you're going through this right now! One thing I know for sure is that Bossman loves you, and I have to believe that he wants things fixed too. I don't know if you've ever tried therapy for the things that happened when you were little, but if it's an option for you at all I think it would be worth exploring. I can't even tell you how many times we've been at the point where I truly believed that spanking was done for us too, but we've always come back. I love you, and I'll be praying for you guys!

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers. I just don't know which way to turn right now and therapy sounds good, but I am overwhelmed with the thought.

      Delete
  10. Please go get counseling. I was married for 24 yrs and then it ended. It hit me like a mack truck I never ever saw it coming. Indifference or apathy are hard to overcome, and once started very hard to get back. There is more here than just TTWD, it is much deeper. PLEASE don't try to do it on your own. I wish and pray for the best for you both. Find commonality, what made you fall in love in the first place. Start small, don't focus on the elephant in the room. Hold hands, do something silly, Good luck

    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, Bossman and I have been married for 24 years! I am so afraid to even think about it ending. You are right, this is much deeper. I think we will be ok, but I do think therapy is a good idea.

      Delete