Playboy June 1965

A long time ago some friends of our wanted us to help them sell some stuff on Ebay.  Actually, they wanted us to sell some old playboys.  We tried, but they weren't worth anything.  We recently found them in the attic and decided to take a look at them.  They are AWESOME!

I know you've heard it a thousand times...I only read playboy for the articles.  But honestly, I only read playboy for the advertisements!  Most of them are for whiskey and cigarettes.  But there are some for cars and clothes.

Did you know that in 1965 you could by a car for 2800 dollars.  A sports car even!  The clothes were running about 7 dollars for a good pair of shorts and 4.50 for a nice polo top.

Honestly, the naked pictures were few.  The center spread only has 4 pages and they are very tasteful. The rest of the magazine has articles and letters and such.

There was one letter that really caught my eye.  I wonder why???


I hope you can read it!

Anyway, I've got a whole stack of these old magazines to go through.  If I see anything interesting I will let you know.  I really hope I have that February issue.  I would love to see what Hef wrote about spanking!


4 comments:

  1. There is nothing new in the universe - it just keeps going round and round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Grace...the answer from the editor really surprised me...sort of narrow minded for someone who was working in what was considered almost 'porn' back in the sixties. ;) Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article. I used to read them when I was babysitting and I loved the cartoons!

    ReplyDelete