doc update

Thank you all for your good thoughts yesterday! I went to the oncologist yesterday and he didn't seem worried about my numbers.  He said that he couldn't see anything alarming so he wasn't sure why my primary doctor wants to see me.  To say I'm relieved is an understatement!  I still have an appointment tomorrow with my primary, but I'm not worried anymore!  Life is good people, life is good!

In other news, the Manchild has gone back to school!  Bossman and I went out to dinner to celebrate our empty nest again and to talk about our relationship.  It was a nice discussion and we are going to try really hard to figure out how to be happy together, instead of happy doing different things.  We really want to focus on doing things outside the house together.  We really don't have a lot in common outside the kids, so this will be a challenge.  We are thinking of joining the local Y so we can swim or play racquetball or something like that.  It gets us out of the house and exercise is always a good thing.

So, a bird just flew into my sun room.  All I heard is "chirp, chirp, chirp, THUNK!" Poor thing keeps flying into the windows.

Since I am a complete wimp, I let the dog in, and ran for the bathroom.

This is what normal, rational people do....

Right?

UPDATE: The bird has left the building!

WHEW!

7 comments:

  1. I love your oncologist! Sounds like a smart man. I know you enjoyed the visit, but I'm glad you have your empty nest back. Nick and I should probably work on common interest, but like you guys there isn't much.

    My cats bring in everything - mice, birds, crawdads, lizard, flying squirrels,snakes, chipmunks - to mention a few. They don't usually kill them, you see, just bring them in. I can catch anything with a towel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm LMAO picturing you with the bird and then leaving in the dog and running to the bathroom.

    So glad everything turned out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you are all right. And, I hope you have fun finding things you can both enjoy together. My husband and I have different interests too, so sometimes we need to be creative and sometimes we need to compromise. Glad the bird found its way out... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy your oncologist doesn't see any problems and I'm sure your visit with your doctor will go great.

    ROFLMBO...I can just see you letting the dogs in and running to hide. I thought you were going to say you chased it with a broom. ;)

    Nice for you and Bossman to find things to do together. That is always fun.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, the dog is absolutely a reasonable option, I guess. I also want to let you know that I understand about getting to know one another and to have fun together, especially now that the kids are out of the house. We are not empty nesters yet but we have tossed around the idea that we need to start doing things for us, a couple not as a family
    Congrats with the oncology report

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, happy everything went well.

    You made me laugh picturing you running for cover:)

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We found some things at our senior center (not everyone is ancient) and learned two card games. We now can play in groups a few times a week. The Y is great and when you are there, you can still attend different exercise classes and just drive there together. We look for museums, movie matinees, day trips. We do not do everything together as I think that would be overkill, but we spend most evenings together finding shows to watch together. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete