it's complicated

Everyone is coming home this weekend.  My daughters best friend is getting married and the bridal shower is this weekend.  She was the maid of honor at my daughters wedding.  The young man is coming home because we need to get his senior portraits done and my daughter is a photographer, so he needs to come home while she's home.  ~sigh~ It's complicated but the end result is everyone will be home!!!!  I love that!

Bossman and I are ok.  We really had a terrible summer.  I mean, the summer with the kids was great, but our relationship SUCKED this summer.  Bossman pointed out that we fight more when the kids are home.  And I guess he's right, but we aren't fighting about the kids, so I'm not sure why that happens.

Bossman says I've given up.  He says that I used to put up with all his stuff, but now I don't put up with stuff anymore so that makes things hard.  That sounds weird, like I used to just bow down and do whatever he wants.  I wasn't like that, but...

Well, see, it's just complicated. 

He also said that I talk down to him.  He doesn't feel like he can talk to me because I always try and prove him wrong or make him feel stupid.

Not sure about that one.

So, the point is, I don't know.  I don't know the point.  

Anyway, good news is we are getting along fine now that the kids are away.  We are trying to be nice to each other and trying to do more things together.

It's a start.

I hope you all have a great weekend.  I know I will!

7 comments:

  1. Wow Grace. I so relate. It seems I can no longer ignore some things that used to roll off my back. Glad things are better for you - ours is a work in progress - as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeze girls, is it something in the water? I had really just realized how much better we get along when it's just us at home. I get in mom mode here and pretty much ignore his needs completely. But it's more than that. I really never used to get mad with Nick and now some things he does PISSES ME OFF! Now that Mollie's moved out we'll have to see how things go. We're really pretty good - but we have more moments than we used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you two need to sit down and give each other specific examples of what you each find irksome...without any justification by the other party. I'm sure you and Bossman will work it out Grace. Sending lots of positive energy.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. what sunny said about being works in progress is so true...we are ...well...we are. I almost walked out of the house yesterday when I asked my husband if he would please help the kids cut a cantaloupe to eat with dinner and he said "no" - after making a nice dinner in the hot house for the family and needing a little help...it seriously it is a good thing I didn't have a baseball bat. Anyhow... I hope you find the magic you need to find each other again...and when you find it please pass some of it along for the rest of us :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would have made me get sassy or withdraw into myself for the evening! Hard to just shut up and be submissive....

      Delete
    2. yes, it is. :-) sometimes, I don't know if he is being serious or kidding and it drives me bananas...this time I think he was serious even if said in a sarcastically teasing way...didn't sit well with me I am afraid.

      Delete
  5. Grace, I don't have kids at home, but when the grandkids stay over, I have a hard time giving my husband as much attention as usual. It seems I am always making a meal or a snack, or just interacting with them. My husband is good about it sometimes, but other times he still wants me listening to him read or tell him some worldly news.
    I agree with PK also, some things they do drive you crazy just like we drive them crazy. It's almost impossible to just look the other way and say nothing ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete