Monday

You know what I hate?  Well, I hate a lot of things, but Mondays are top of the list.  It could be the fact that I have to have that D&C on Monday.

You know what else I hate?  I hate having my blood drawn.

Here’s the thing.  I’ve had my blood drawn a bizillon times.  I know the drill.  I do not have easy to find veins.  BUT, I know exactly where they go each time.  SO, when I come in to get my blood drawn and you don’t listen to me.  Well, I tend to get upset.  I tend to panic.  I tend to FREAK the heck out!

Unfortunately, this very thing happened at the pre-op appointment.  I told him exactly where to get my blood from.  He ignored me.  He put the stupid rubber band thingie on my arm, told me to make a fist.  Then unfist, then fist...you know the drill.  When he couldn’t find the vein he started slapping the area, like that was going to wake up my veins.  When that didn’t work, he started looking at my hand.  It was about that time that I started to panic.  He then put the rubber band thingie (yes, that is the official name) on my wrist.  THEN, he starts slapping my hand around, like THAT was going to wake up the veins.

I’m about to freak out and then, THEN, he tells me to go to the bathroom and run my hand under cold water.

UM...NOPE!  By this time, I’m at the end of my rope.  I turn my arm over and point to the spot that they always get blood from and ask again if he could just do it there.  He gives me a exasperated look and looks at my arm again.  Feels it and then says....and I KID YOU NOT...he say, oh, I think you are right!  Then proceeds to take my blood.  GAH!!!!!!

So here's hoping Monday goes much smoother than yesterday!

Tell me fun stories, I need to get my mind off this!

Medically yours,
grace

3 comments:

  1. Good gravy, Grace...should have offered to wrap the rubber thingy around the jerks neck!

    Here's a short giggle for you...
    Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout:
    Air in the hands mother stickers!
    This is a fuck up!

    Sending prayers and healing energy for you.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace, oh I think we could be sisters! I am off to to have bloods today. Quite why my Doctor felt she had to warn me that they would be taking a lot more than normal I don't know. Now I am worrying about it all the more. I too should be used to it, maybe it is the fear of what they are going to find,lol. I hope the D and C goes okay.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell them where and if they don't want to do it, I tell them to forget it. I've been down your road and refuse to do it anymore - otherwise I look like a pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete