Saying No

I hate saying no to someone. It's just not in my nature. I like helping people, I hate for people to be mad at me, and so I think if I say no, they will be mad. So I hate saying no.

That being said, my MIL asked us if they could move in with us. This may seem like an innocent request, but my IL's are not normal people. Also, the house is not big enough. So, we had to say no. But I can't help but feel bad that we had to say no. I know if we let them, I'd probably kill myself, or someone else, so I know it was the right decision, but I still can't let go of the guilt.

I grew up with very little family around us. I didn't have aunts or uncles or cousins, and my grandparents only came to visit once a year. So I think it's cool to have alot of family. My husband's family is a little bigger, but they are NOT normal. The put the "fun" in dysfuncional. I used to be very close with my MIL. But she has gotten really bad in her old age...about everything. She's sick all the time, she's hateful, and she's just not a nice person. Being around her gives me a stomach ache. So living with us is not an option for her. ( What the heck was she thinking?)

I don't even know where to go with the rest of this, so I'll stop for now.

later...

No comments:

Post a Comment