Mean people SUCK!

I may have used that title before but it is so freaking true! I can't stand MEAN people!

The other day was the first time a customer actually made me cry. I HATE crying! At work I'm considered the tough one. So when I broke down, everyone was shocked. The most shocked was...me! I don't break down when customers are mean, I just get really pissed off. But this guy was just really mean!

Ok, heres the short version of the story. MM (mean man) is making photos on our picture maker off a cd. He comes to the counter to have us price them. My friend helps him, but noticed that some of the pics looked like someone's art work. One of the prints looked like a simpson character. So she asked the MM who took the pics. MM says he did them on his computer. She said, well this one has a signature on the corner. He says he did that on his computer. So, she doesn't know what to do. (store policy states even if the picture looks professional, we can't sell it) One of his pictures was a painting of some kind also.

So, she asks me about it. I come to the counter, take a look at the pictures, and ask a few questions. MM starts getting agitated. Why can't I just buy these, I did these on my computer, these are MY photos. So I ask, who drew this picture? MM says his friend did it. I say, well, we will need your friend to sign a copyright release. So MM crumples up the picture and throws it at me! That's right folks, he threw it at me. Did I mention there was a counter full of people? So now I'm pissed, but I'm also feeling very humiliated. So I say, look, I'll call a manager and let them decide. He says....no I mean...yells, No, just take out all the pictures that you don't want me to have. Now my face is flaming red, my hands are shaking, and I know I'm about to lose it, so I say, I don't want to take any of your pictures out, I'll just call a manager, and he POUNDS on the counter and says....NO, never mind...I want you to shred all these pictures, and I want to WATCH you do it NOW.

So, I grab all the photos and I shred them. I forgot the one he crumpled. And I start lose it. Big time. I'm shaking and I start crying and I know if I don't leave right that second, I'm going to humiliate myself further. (did I mention there was a counter full of people?) So I'm almost done shredding, and a co-worker who was on a break came walking in the lab, she didn't know what was happening and when she walked passed the counter the MM told her to give me crumpled photo to shred also, so she brings it to me. And I don't look at her, I'm just shredding, and she says here, he wants you to shred this one too. And then she sees I'm crying, and she says, WHAT the heck is happening here? And I mumble...look, tell the guy I've shredded all his pictures...now I gotta go NOW. And I RUN out of the lab, through the store, to the lounge bathroom, (thank god no one was in there) and I sob! Hysterically, sob. But it was the kind of sobbing that you try to do quietly, cuz I didn't want everyone in the lounge to know I was crying. But as I was running out of the lab, I hear my co-worker, my friend, go up to the counter and ask the man in a very LOUD voice....WHAT the hell did you say to my friend? And when I got to the bathroom I heard my very good friend page for a manager!

Well, I returned to the lab about 30 min or so later....I had to wait until my eyes didn't look so bad. And I waited until the MM left. Apparently the manager told Creepo that he should not bring is pictures to our lab anymore. HOORAY! He better not, cuz next time, I won't be such a baby, and I'll tell him to f-off. And if I get fired for that.........GOOD!

So todays moral is....be nice to your store employees. The store employees don't make the rules. The store employees have feelings too. Store employess are not stupid...we are not ignorant, and we are not retarded. Some of us have college educations! I know it's hard to believe, but it's true! I happen to work there because I CHOOSE too. I know it seems hard to believe, but I like my job. I just want to work part time so I can raise my family and right now this is the best option for me. Doesn't mean I'm STUPID!

Be nice to your fellow store clerks, we are human, we make mistakes, and we have feelings!

And as Forrest Gump so nicely says it.....That's all I gotta say about that.

later.............

No comments:

Post a Comment