Ok, heres the question of the day, does anyone in the world still have common courtesy? Am I the only one that thinks that if your not going to show up when you said you would that you should call someone and let them know? Am I the only one that thinks that when you have plans with someone, that it is rude to leave them waiting?
This is the short story. My daughter was in a play. The last performance was Saturday afternoon. Bossman has an aunt and uncle that live about 3 hours away from us, and they said they were going to come and see my daughter in her play. (a little background here, we have traveled to their house at least 3 different times to see their daughter perform) All week long we spoke over the phone about the details. They reserved a hotel room for the night, and I spent HOURS cleaning my house. (ok, maybe not hours, but I really worked hard on my house.) I spent over an hour going over the directions to our house, to the school, to the hotel.
So day of the performance, we don't hear from them. We call their cell phone, no answer. The time to leave for the show comes, still we hear nothing. So I go to the play. I come home from the play. We make other plans for the evening, because like I said, we heard NOTHING.
So it's about 5 now, and the phone rings. It's my mother-in-law (MIL). She says, oh they made it to town, and they are at their hotel room resting. HUH??? They are in town? What happen, I ask? Oh, they stopped at a strawberry festival. WHAT? Oh yeah, and they want you guys to come over to my house tonight because they have christmas gifts for you. HUH? Christmas in May?
May I remind you, if your still following this story, we already made plans! So because my kids were really looking forward to seeing them, we cancelled our plans and we went to see them. But can I just say, I was PISSED! Somebody needed a spanking, and for once, it wasn't me!
I know, your wondering, like I am, why they didn't call. This question was never answered. I still don't know. But I'll tell you something, I won't be attending one of their functions for a very very long time!
So back to the question, what happened to common courtesy? Is it wrong of me to expect someone to call if they aren't showing up? Maybe I'm just expecting to much out of people. Yeah, that must be it. It's my fault for expecting too much out of people. ~sigh~ What is happening to this world?
~new subject~
I got spanked 3 times last week. This can be viewed as a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your perspective. Since I was the spankee, I would say, it was a bad thing at the time, but in the end, it was a very very good thing. Why do I feel so much love afterward? You would think it would be the other way around. You would think I would be upset afterward, but no, I am most happy after being taking care of. I feel so lucky that I have a husband that is willing to take care of me in this way.
~new subject~
Do you watch Desperate Housewives? Ok, Rex is into S&M. And he has talked Bree into participating. So the weird pharmacist snuck into the house, and found the "box" of goodies. And he tells Bree that her husband is telling everyone about their "inappropriate" behavior in the bedroom. Why did he have to call it inappropriate?
Why is S&M considered inappropriate? I think that what 2 consenting adults do in the bedroom, is between them, and I don't think it's inappropriate. I know there are alot of people that think my husband spanking me is inappropriate. But it's appropriate for us. Who decides what is appropriate, and what isn't? Who are "they"? They decide what is appropriate, they decide what is good and what isn't. THEY decide, and I want to know who THEY are and who left THEM in charge of the world?
Frankly, I'm really getting sick of THEM!!! Will somebody tell THEM that I think they need to mind their own business and stop telling us what is appropriate and what isn't.
Ok, I'll stop now, I'm done with my rant.
later..........
Hehehe...I saw Desperate Housewives (with my MOTHER!) and was a bit caught off guard to see the box of toys. We have several things in there!
ReplyDelete