in threes

They say that bad things happen in threes. If this is true, then Bossman has one more bad thing left to look forward to. Very ominous huh?

Bossman went to the funeral for the lady that died on Friday. Even though funerals aren't fun, he really wanted to see the children in another setting other than an accident scene. He says it was the saddest funeral he's ever been too. I can imagine. I didn't go with him. I just couldn't. Does this make me a bad person. Bossman says he would have been there for me. I feel bad that I didn't go with him to support him. But I just couldn't, I couldn't face those children, that husband, her friends. Does that make me a coward? Maybe, but I just couldn't.

After the funeral Bossman came home not feeling very well. We spent the rest of the day just hanging out at home. Towards evening, Bossman started to get a toothache. Why do medical and dental things always happen on a weekend? Saturday, Bossman can't function. His tooth was killing him. Lucky for him the dentist is our friend, so we called him, because let me tell you, when tylenol with codeine doesn't work, what option is left? (oh we even tried whiskey, but don't worry, he was just swishing, he wasn't mixing drinks with codeine!)

Our dentist met us at his office, just as my husband was about to lose it from the pain. He does something to the tooth to make it better, gives us a prescription for demeral and sends us on our way. Poor Bossman! He was a mess. Poor guy. Sunday we wake up to half his face swollen. I felt so bad for him. He just went through a really bad week, and suddenly now he has to deal with his teeth? Ugh! Anyway, the dentist assures us that the swelling will go down with antibiotics. And Thursday? Root canal day! Oh goodness, it just doesn't end for him.

The swelling has gone down so that is good, and he's trying to function normally today, but geez how much can one person take? He's my hero!

Ok, don't get whiplash as I change the subject....

School has started!! You can't see this, but I'm doing a happy dance!

Summer was great, but the kids back in school is even better. I know have free rein of the computer to blog without people looking over my shoulder. I know can be on the computer without the insistent whine of someone....when's it my turn on the computer? I can know read dirty rauchy blogs without worry that little eyes will see something inappropriate!!! Hooray for me!!! This also means we will be getting back to spanking! (this for me, is good, but not so good for my butt) I have to admit, this has been a missing piece to our life. It's not that we can't function without it, but god, life is so much better with it!

So in the face of tragedy, I am counting my blessings. Aside from the tooth issue, everyone is healthy. My dearly beloved is still alive. And the kids are back in school!

So things are getting good. Lets hope that third bad thing already happened and I didn't even notice!

later........

2 comments:

  1. Grace, honey, I couldn't have gone either. I understand - you know that kind of thing happens every day, but it's impossible to face it in someone else's life without imagining it in your own. And that is a very scary thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know there are others that wouldn't have been able to go either.

    It's a very harsh reality of life that most of us don't like to face. I'm just glad I wasn't at the scene of the accident...

    Thanks Tracy!

    ReplyDelete