I took a look at my blog today and realized it looked like an Easter egg threw up all over my screen. So I changed it to the boring look. I just don't want to mess with it right now. All the templates are boring. Maybe the New year will bring New inspiration. Maybe.
I know this should be a New Years post. But since I haven't really celebrated the holidays in a normal fashion, I figured, Why start now?
So instead I give you the top 10 things that make being sick during the holidays worthwhile.
1. Instead of going to my MIL's house for Thanksgiving, I got to go to the Urgent care who immediately sent for an ambulance to take me to the hospital. I'll do ANYTHING to get out of going to the MILs house.
2. Spending the next 2 days in the hospital, was a nice relaxing way to spend the Thanksgiving weekend. I didn't have to brave the after thanksgiving sales, I didn't have a ton of dishes to do and I didn't have to get sick of turkey!
3. Being waited on hand and foot by an extremely worried husband is a wonderful way to be sick.
4. Having said worried husband take showers with you, wash every part of your body including your hair, while all you do is stand there....is there anything better than that? (oh yes, he was there for almost every shower....what a MAN!)
5. Your very worried hubby then blow drys your hair for you so you don't have to lay down with wet hair. Did I mention I've never been so pampered.
6. Being sick is a great excuse for getting out of anything. Christmas cards? Sorry, too sick. Boring Christmas parties, again, too sick.
7. Did I mention no christmas shopping? I only stepped into 2 stores this christmas. The crowds were mean.
8. Everyone came to ME for the holidays. No driving around to everyone house for Christmas eve and Christmas day....they all came to ME!
9. No work for me. No cooking, no cleaning, just sitting on the couch watching old christmas movies. Sounds fun huh? Well, it was fun for about the first hour, then it was just boring! And the not working part....not as easy as it sounds people! I had to watch as things were NOT done the way I would have done them....oh wait, this is suppose to be GOOD reasons....sorry.
10. The best reason of all is all the wonderful comments and e-mails I received from all of you. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, YOU guys are the BEST! It really cheers a person up to know they are being thought of and prayed for! From people that just know me from the blog...how GREAT is that?
So, there you have it. I just KNOW you all are jealous now! I know you all wish YOU had been sick over this holiday season. What? You don't? Well, I don't blame you, cuz frankly it was miserable. But if I had to be sick, I wanted to make sure and point out the good parts, because the reality is, this was a hard list to come up with. I could have come up with 50 bad things. But I didn't want to bring you all down. See, how nice I am? I'm always thinking of you guys.
BTW, the fever returneth. But I'm ok. And next year....things are gonna be so much BETTER!!!!
later........
Sorry you were so sick for the Holidays... but, #1 on your list their got us LOL! We liked the look of your Easter Egg blog too... but, we're betting the eventually new look will be great.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year
:)
~Todd & Suzy
Grace, it's horrible to be so ill over the holidays, but trust you to come up a list of positives.
ReplyDeleteHopefully the new year will bring you renewed health. All the best to you and Bossman.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Grace, I am still sorry you were sick. I don't want to be sick but I have to tell you the idea of the shower is truly intriguing! Cassie talked about how nice the baths were when her hand was hurt. I wouldn't mind trying this aspect of being cared for at least once or twice.
ReplyDeleteNow save your strength - that means don't do the mommy dance when the kids go back to school! Eva and I might have to come out there personally and end your spanking drought!
Big hugs!
PK
I'm sorry the fevers are back. I hope you continue to get better. The baths and showers do sound wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI started getting sick yesterday "cold". Will can't shower with me so he just calls more often. Guess I should take the phone in the shower???
Happy New Year!
Get Well Huggs
Theresa
I'm with Elis. No mommy dance, or else!! And what do you mean the fever returneth? Are you kidding me? Get BETTER!!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs~
Eva
I totally have dibs on being sick next year. Got it?
ReplyDelete: )
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteI am happy that you feeling well enough to blog some. I agree that the best thing about being sick or injured is the over the top pampering. But enough girl, I want you well now!
If I were you I would avoid that dance however, I wouldn't want Eva and Elis after me!
Love,
Cassie
Grace, I wish you better health in 2007 and have they figured out what this all is yet?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had some positives out of this whole thing. As I think back to the stress of my holidays, being sick sounds like the deal of the year, but I know its not! Showers sound fun, though!
Get well soon and have a wonderful 2007.
Debbie :)
Grace,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better. But your attitude is great. You list is too funny. Take it easy, and continue to let yourself be pampered until you are completelly recovered. Here's hoping tht 2007 brings you good health, much love, and a lot of happiness!
Hugs,
Snow
I love your top 10, but it really is a shame you had to be sick in order to be able to make this list! lol
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad you're feeling better, but get rid of that fever. It has no business hanging around!
~Hugs and Happy New Year!
PS The shower part does sound wonderful!
Grace,
ReplyDeleteIt was so sweet of you to share positive things with us. I was delighted to see your post here! The shower scene was indeed the best part...so very loving. That Bossman is quite a guy...and a keeper for sure. You remain in my prayers...
Kristi
Grace,
ReplyDeleteARe you OK? No word since Dec. 31 makes me worry... A LOT!!!!!
Grace? Bossman? Can someone update us... PLEASE?????
Love you, sweetie,
Tiggs