I couldn't possibly forget about Gratitude Tuesday, seeing as how it's the last letter and all. But....
I've been having a really hard time finding anything to be grateful for, other than Bossman. (ok, the kids can be in that catagory too!)
It's very hard to find things to be thankful for when you can't really do much. I haven't sent out Christmas cards, I haven't baked a thing. I haven't even bought a single present. This has been the most UN-christmas I've ever experienced.
Ok, don't feel bad for me. We aren't totally in the dark here. Bossman got the tree, the kids decorated the tree and the house. Bossman has done some shopping, (thanks e-bay) although even that is a challenge as things are getting lost in the mail.
So, I finally realized something, while watching the Grinch. Christmas is going to come. It will be here in less than a week. It will come whether we have packages, ribbons and bows. It will come whether we have tinsel or turkey or cookies. Christmas WILL come. It will come whether I am sick or well. It will still come.
So, Today, The Day to be Grateful, I am grateful for Christmas. I am grateful for the family I have. I am grateful that it will come whether I want it too or not. Nothing else matters. The cookies don't matter, the gifts don't matter, the tinsel and the turkey, DO NOT MATTER!
Really, it only matters that I am here, with my family, on Christmas. And for that I will be forever grateful!
Oh yeah, the letter is Z, so here is my very short Z list.
zebras
zingers (yummy)
zippers (always helpful)
zzzzzz (if I get a good night sleep, I'm deeply grateful.)
zipidy do da...zipidy day, my oh my what a wonderful day, plenty of sunshine headin my way, zipidy do da, zipidy day!
zoinks (Scooby doo and Shaggy were always a favorite of mine)
zest
zip (oh how I'd love to get my zip back)
Have a wonderful Z day, and hug your family for heavens sake!!!
later.........
Zippers are helpful indeed.
ReplyDeleteZoinks -- LOL! That makes me smile just thinking about Shaggy and Scooby. ;)
Zest - lemon or orange zest are really yummy in muffins and cranberry sauce. And a zest for life is always important.
And zip -- oh how I miss mine too. Hope you get yours back soon!
Grace,
ReplyDeleteYou are right, Christmas is coming ready or not! But the very best thing about Christmas is that it can be celebrated any time we we want to. Have fun and enjoy Monday but you can plan to do Christmas cookies, turkey, even gifts with bows, in January, March or July! I bet your family would not mind an additional holiday! I do know you well enough now to know that your family celebrates the true meaning of Christmas and I know how grateful you are to all be together. I am grateful you are all together too.
Much love and Merry Christmas!
PK
Dear Grace, what a lovely post, not only do you have the spirit of GT but you also have the spirit of Christmas that is really all that you need, cookies, gifts with or without bows, tinsel and whatever are nice but not necessary.
ReplyDeleteYou have your family your friends and your love for each other.
Hopefully your zip and zing will return soon.
For Christmas I'm sending love, health and positive thought to you and yours, have a wonderful Christmas and a healthy and happy new year.
Warmest of hugs dear Grace,
Paul.
I said this same thing to someone this week...I can't remember who...ahhh maybe I said it to myself??
ReplyDeleteI have never had a bad Christmas. I have lad stressful ones, and lean ones, and so on and so on. But the day always comes. It is always nice, and then it is always gone. Gone like it almost never even happened! Amazing!
My CHristmas wish for you is zip! I'm praying you get your zip back soon!
Huggs, love and happy GT!
Theresa
what lovely words--I do hope you get you zip back also
ReplyDeleteAs I read your words I couldn't help but think what a memorable Christmas has been created for you and your family. Grace, I'm so sorry you've been sick, please don't take what I'm going to say as if I'm not concerned nor wishing you a complete recovery. This year, your husband and your children have given you and themselves a lesson in the meaning of the holidays. Christmas is not about mom doing everything for everyone's entertainment. Christmas is a time of love and sharing, support and memories. This holiday season will be one that you and your family will recall for many years to come.
ReplyDeleteAs others have said before me, the day will come, it will be here for like 24 hours and then it will be over. What will everyone get from that day? Some gifts of course, but mostly they'll get time spent with people they love most in all the world. Enjoy the day, no regrets, no worries, everything is happening just as it should!
Great Z list by the way...we did it!
**Big Hugs**
♥ CeeCi
Great Z list! I too, hope you get your zip back soon *g*
ReplyDeleteThe Grinch is a great story. The holiday is about so much more than the bells and wistles. That we get to share the time with family is indeed the best thing!
ReplyDelete:)
~Todd & Suzy
Grace, I do hope you are feeling better and I do wish you and your family the merriest of days.
ReplyDeleteDebbie :)
Grace,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to take the time to wish you a very Merry Christmas and to also wish you the very best of health in the New Year!
Love, Cassie