18 years ago, I got married.
It was one of the best days of my life.
We had a nice wedding. Your standard, bridesmaids and groomsmen, flower girl and even a cousin to read the Lords Pray.
As with every wedding, something is bound to go wrong. Mine was no exception.
Bossman couldn't find his tie. ~sigh~
Nobody told me the dilemma. I couldn't figure out why we weren't starting the wedding. They just kept saying, few more minutes, few more minutes. For heavens sake people, I was ready to go. If anyone was going to make the wedding late, it should be the bride. RIGHT?
Eventually, I thought, what happened? Did he not show up for the wedding? Did he have a change of heart? Everyone was trying to keep me calm, but I was getting nervous! Finally I told everyone they better tell me the truth, RIGHT NOW, or I was going out there myself to find out what the problem was. Finally they told me, Bossman can't find his bow tie.
SHEEZ, people. Is that IT?? My wedding is over 30 minutes late because of a stupid bow tie. I should mention here that Bossman was wearing all white. White tux, white cumberbun and white tie. Whose gonna notice if the tie is missing??
Well, I wasn't waiting a moment longer. Let's go people. I don't care about the tie.
So the wedding started. FINALLY!
The rest of the wedding was fine, except the preacher felt the need to give the longest sermon possible, instead of just saying the "I do's". Oh, the other thing, it was the hottest day of the YEAR, and Bossman and I had to stand up for so long I thought one of us was going to faint. As it turns out, none of us did that, but the best man, almost did.
The rest of the day was perfect. Toward the end of our reception, which was held at the church, we were waiting for the limo to arrive. Of course the limo was late. We really wanted to be alone for a few minutes, (GET your minds out of the gutter)we wanted to just absorb the fact that we finally got married.
We snuck off to the sanctuary. We sat in the back pew of the church. Two young people taking the biggest step of their life. What would happen now? Where would our lives lead us? What would we be doing and where would we be living 10, 15, years from now? How many children would we have?
We had our whole life stretched before us. We had no idea where the road we just started on would lead us to. But we were going to walk that road, and we were going to walk it together...holding hands.
Thank goodness we decided to take that road together. That road is long, it's curvy, it's had alot of hills to climb up and go down. As I look ahead, I can see there are still curves, I can see there are some hills. But the funny thing is, it doesn't worry me. For over the years, whenever there was a hill to climb, it was so much easier when we helped each other. He pulled me up some hills, and I pulled him up some hills, and hand in hand we would run down them together, ready to face the next hill or curve.
I wouldn't have wanted to travel down this road with anyone but Bossman.
I'm just lucky he decided to go with me.
I can't wait to see what's around the corner! Lucky for me, I'll be holding his hand.
I'll love you forever Honey!
I just got home! We had the BEST time! Thanks for taking care of the place. I think I'll go unpack. I found something weird on the sidewalk outside and THESE on the flag pole!
Those silly teens, you just never know what they will get themselves into when people are gone. Anyway, I should probably take a look at the video tape. I'll do that after I unpack. Oh, and thanks for taking care of the cat, it's weird...somehow she ended up in the garage. That silly cat!
Well, watch here for details, coming later this week!
Love you all,
grace
Rut roh.
ReplyDeleteGrace! You're home!! I've missed you. This is a beautiful post. I am glad that you and Bossman found each other and continue to travel this path together. I hope your get away was everything you wanted it to be!!
ReplyDeleteI had a quite weekend. I stayed home with Nick and Mollie. Cleaned some, did some cooking, caught up on my knitting. Very peaceful. We'll talk more when you get settled. Theresa may not be well; she has been talking out of her head the last few days. She seems very confused. Probably you should stay away from her until she is more herself.
Big old hugs!!!
PK
Don't listent to PK. PK also stands for Prankter Kitty!
ReplyDeleteSounds like two certain someone's have reconnected. Well I am just glad I was able to be around this weekend to help with what could have been a "big" bump in the road!
Huggs
Theresa
Grace, lovely post, it doesn't hurt to think back to the beginning.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you had a good time, wonder how the thong got on the flagpole. The only person that I know who wears a pink thong is, no I'd better not say, wouldn't want people to get the wrong idea. WEG
Warm hugs,
Paul.
A truly lovely post. So glad you are safely home, and it sounds like you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kallisto
What a beautiful post, about two of the very best people I know but have never officially met... love you oodles and oodles...
ReplyDeleteOh, and yes, your closet is very comfie and your kittu veru amiable... we had a nice long chat and shared a bowl of cream. When I stopped by to check on him, I mean... outside... on the porch... he invited me in, but I declined as there was no one home to supervise in case he decided to get frisky...
Love you, babe... now for YOUR details! *grins*
Tiggs
Hi, Grace,
ReplyDeleteIt's very nice to meet you! Sounds like you had a great time while you were gone!
Huggs,
Reesa