mind wanderings...

So, I'm on my way to pick up my son from school. I'm listening to the radio. Of course it's country music. A song called, "There is no Arizona" comes on the radio. I immediately think of Todd and Suzy.. Doesn't everyone think of them when thinking of Arizona?

Anyway, as I was thinking of them, my mind wandered to something they mentioned in a post a while back. Can't remember exactly what the post was about, but the part I remember mostly is them talking about finding a spanking partner. I believe they mentioned that they had looked or were looking for someone to talk about spanking with, or meet...something like that. Now, I would go back and look for that post, but that would require me to actually work, and I'm way to tired for that, plus I'm trying to show you my train of thought.

Suddenly I was thinking about what it would be like to actually talk, real life talk, about spanking. As I was pulling up to the school and waved to some of the mothers and such, I wondered what it would be like to have a friend that you could actually talk about spanking with. I mean, face to face spanking talk. This led me to think about the fact that I've NEVER told another living soul about spanking in my life, except, of course, Bossman. Talking to Bossman about spanking has become easier, but it's still hard to look him in the face when talking about it. In fact, the only other people that I talk to about spanking are on this site. And I don't have to look any of you in the face when discussing spanking.

In some ways, I think it would be great to have someone to talk with about this stuff. In other ways I don't know that I could actually do it. I have a really GREAT friend. I tell her everything. We talk sex, we talk about our kids, we talk about everything and anything. BUT, I would NEVER, EVER tell her about the spanking. I just couldn't. I'm not even sure how she would take it. I couldn't risk my friendship over this. So I will never tell her.

That brings me to the next thing that popped into my head. I started thinking about the rest of you. I wondered what it would REALLY be like if we could all get together. Would we all be shy? Would we immediately start talking about spanking? Would we find other things that we have in common?

That brought me to thinking about my REALLY good blogging friends. I won't name names, but there are a small few of you that I actually e-mail. I keep in touch with. I tell you things that I may not have said in a blog. I have told you my problems, my fears, and other things. We've talked about lots of other things and most of the time it's not about spanking at all. I may have even exchanged a picture or two with these few people.

Then I started thinking about one of my dear blogging friends. One of the few that I shared pictures and such with. Now I'm not one to share personal stuff with people I don't know. I am extremely cautious when it comes to that. I know I lay it all out on this blog. But I try to keep it private. I try not to let out our identities. I don't want anyone in the "real world" to find out what I'm talking about. Oh sure, it's not even that bad. I'm sure nothing would happen if someone did find it, but it never hurts to be cautious.

So, back to this blogging friend. A couple of weeks ago she gave me her phone number. Now, I trust this person. I've told her things that I would tell my best friends in real life. But I haven't called her yet.

As I sat in the car, waiting for my son, I wondered if I should give this friend a call. Curiosity killed the cat, and it is killing me. I would love to call but I haven't because I just don't know what I would say.

Which brings me back to Arizona. Not really, just thought I would throw that in. But it does bring me back to wondering how we would all be like if we really met. I feel like I would be too shy to even look any of you in the eye. I've shared so much of my inner most personal feelings on this blog. You would know things about me that my "real life" people wouldn't know. Would talking to you all in real-life be awkward?

Well after pondering all those thoughts, my son got in the car. My mind shifted gears as I talked to him about his day. But part of me was still pondering all this as the rest of the day progressed. Usually the song sticks in my head all day, this time, it was what the song made me think of that stuck.

So here I am, telling all of you what I thought about today. Some of you may have met or talked in person over the phone. So tell me, how was it? Was it weird? Did you have anything to talk about?

Tell me your experiences with this. I know you all will have great insight for me.

You always do! :)

later......

16 comments:

  1. Hi, Grace,

    I have several r/l friends that I discuss spanking with, and I thoroughly recommend it to you. Two of these friends are vanilla, and one is also in a DD relationship. It's never felt weird to talk about, but it would feel that way for me to talk to anyone else about it, who's not a close friend. Usually the conversations will start on things completed unrelated to spanking, though, so I'd just start with that and work your way up to actual spanking talk. Regarding my friend who's in a DD relationship, I began emailing her from a spanking forum when I found that we were from the same area. We met in person before we ever talked on the phone, so I can't say I ever actually called someone I've never met in r/l to talk about spanking before, LOL. But we've been friends (our spouses, too) for five years now.

    Huggs,
    Reesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace,I have a couple of friends that know MTHC and I are into spanking and it has not changed our friendship. Last week one of them caught me reading one of the blogs I visit at lunch time at work. He sits behind me and we talked about it some....Yes,I'll admit there are some of you I wish I could meet in spanko land but for now I'll just come by and visit my favorite blogs... *grins* and great spankings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Grace,

    You need to be talking to the twins, but I guess you know that... I think they've actually shared more as far as pics and phone numbers and stuff than anyone else I know out here.

    Kayley and I were going to chat on the phone before she disappeared and although I was really excited, I was also nervous. The same goes for talking to any other blogger best friends "for real." But that's more my private, shy, off-blog self than the spanking stuff.

    The Internet affords us all the chance to be more greagrious than we might otherwise be in person, but I would highly recommend taking the risk and giving your friend a call.

    Hugs and love,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace~ honestly, I was weirded out the first time I talked to PK... but only for about a minute. She and I have hit it off as everyone out here knows. Wanna know what we talk about? EVERYTHING. The most fun though is to talk about all of you. Who else is this world can I talk to who knows who all of you are? Adam doesn't read blogs so he never knows what is going on. It's nice to have someone to talk with. Lots of times we talk on my drive home from work which is like having someone in the car with me. I strongly encourage you to pick up the phone and call. If the person you are referring to is PK or someone like her you'll be glad you did. And if not? Well you won't know until you try, now will you?

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, I understand where you are coming from. I've had one blogging friend ring me, it felt strange but in a good way.
    I also exchange emails with some good blogging friends.
    I really think that it would be good for us if we were more open with our sexual preferences, I believe that society is still dealing with the hang-ups of the Nineteenth century.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace,
    I remember the first time Eva and I talked it had the nervous feel of a blind date. I wondered what she would sound like, what to say after hello had me stuck. But she took care of that. First words Eva said to me were “Is this not the weirdest thing you’ve ever done?!”

    That first call was mostly about you guys. Your ears should have burned! Now we do talk about everything. Sometimes I laugh my butt off. And we have had a few silences where I have been trying not to cry; although she has assured me her phone is water proof!

    I would say call, decide on a time when you won’t be interrupted and go for it! What have you got to lose?

    Love ya,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its always fun to meet someone you met online! I wouldn't be shy cause they already know you! More so then some friends do!
    Have a great weekend!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good friend of mine knows about my spanko thing. We don't really have whole conversations about it, but it does come up in conversation. And no I don't look her in the eye when it comes up.

    Well I think if we all met, PK and Eva you have the ball rolling for all of us in no time. Then we could all go off somewhere and talk about them! hehehehe!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have spoken with, and met quite a few people I met online first. The most obvious would be CINDY!!!! [smiles]

    However, they have always been spankees and I the spanker. I would imagine it would be easier (maybe) to talk to a fellow spankee? I don't know.

    It was always a good experience. Can't say I ever remember a bad one. As others have said, we already 'know' you, and the embarrassing stuff is already out in the open. You've been outted! And you're loved and respected by people who already know you like your bare bottom spanked hot and red, (pervert!) I'm just teasing ya!!!!

    Hugs,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grace, I've met a few people in real life that I first met online .. in fact, my brother was one such person. I know ... but we met reading posts on a nature site, then one night he IM'ed me ... and suffice it to say we just hit it off. He is like the brother I never had, me, his sister. I think we talk about more things with each other than each of us talks about with our real siblings. We had an adoption ceremony, and formally adopted each other as brother and sister ... he has been to my home several times, with his wife!! And my family and I have visited them as well. We've taken vacations together, and though I have real life friends who are weirded out about meeting people from the internet ... well ... to each his own. Now, my brother didn't know about the spanking to begin with, but he does now, and we have talked about it in person. I've also met four other spanking friends from online ... Dave being one of them! And the others ... wow. Believe it or not ... the spanking just 'is' ... we talk about family and ourselves and hundreds of things, and spanking comes up, and conversations just seem to flow. I think ... it's that spanking is known and accepted, so unlike with friends who don't know ... nothing is nagging at you ... no thoughts of "I'm different' ... that kind of makes sense.
    In my real life, I'm usually shy ... quiet. I'm not at all one to join in on gossip sessions at work. I like to take everything in and feel people, then slowly take my place within the group.
    I echo the others ... call you friend. If you don't, you may always wonder. You know what they say ... 'fear is temporary, regret forever!'
    I'm glad you shared your thoughts, it was a great question and I loved reading everyones answers.
    Hugs!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what, Grace? You're so lucky you have such a large group of people that share your kink to chat with and make friends through! :)

    So call her! She's like you, she understands! Go for it! :)

    I'm not a spanko and I'm not BDSM either; frankly, I don't know how to classify what Dan and I do or what to "label" it. If there was an online group about what we enjoy, I'd join in half-a-heartbeat. :)

    So call her already!

    I envy you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so right Amber!

    I am very lucky to have such a large group of people with the same interest as I.

    I think what you and Dan have is very similar to what we have. You just express it in a different way.

    One reason I read your blog is because a lot of what you go through and your thoughts and feelings are exactly what I go through. Spanko or not, the feelings are very very similar.

    Thanks for stopping by!
    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grace, I agree! That's why I hung out in DD groups for so long; VERY very similar feelings and marriage dynamics, etc. Most spanko's marriages are so much like our marriage, it makes me happy to read them. :)

    But since I'd be pretty much the only one not into spanking, it ended up making me feel a little bit left out overall. I mean, the main focus was spanking, not so much the dynamics and I don't "get" the spanking part. :)

    Same for all the D/s groups I've joined; most/almost all posts on all the D/s groups I've ever joined are usually M/s oriented. And again, I share many similar feelings to those women too but because so much of it is more BDSM based, that made me feel much MORE left out than the DD groups ever did.

    Very difficult for me to understand the "slave" thing; much easier to understand the spanking thing. :)

    I've even tried some non-D/s, non M/s groups, like with a Surrendered Wife -type focus but those seem to fill up with Christian wives who do it for a Biblical reason, and those are the hardest for me to understand of all.

    And if I join just a regular marriage group, without any power exchange focus at all, they're mostly bitching about their marriages in there OR they feel completely threatened by my deference to Dan (which tends to come out in everything I say, lol!) and I end up having to defend my position. And that gets old. Especially since I'm looking for encouragement and inspiration, not constantly defending my position.

    I'm not knocking any of these groups; I just think it's nice to have a group to feel at HOME with, you know? :)

    I used to hang out on Taken In Hand off and on, because they seem to have the broadest base I've ever found but then to my dismay, the moderator was heavily editing my posts. For one thing, she (he?) changed the word "submissive" to another word every time I used it. The meaning of some of my sentences was changed. And once when I cautioned a wife who was discouraged and felt she couldn't compete with the online relationships she was reading about, I posted that many of the cyber relationships out there in DD/Ds/Ms/BDSM/whatever-land are completely made up, so don't ever "compare" yourself to what others do; my entire paragraph was deleted on that topic. Gone!

    So I wrote the mod and asked for my posts to be taken down, please. They did so and I haven't been back since.

    Honestly, changing people's posts just because I used a word that isn't liked? And what's wrong with using the word "submissive"? It pretty much covers all of us, no matter what "group" we're a part of.

    Sorry to rant in your comments...*grins*...

    I repeat, I am envious of you guys. It kinda sucks being a little bit on the outside wherever I go, yanno? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Grace: I haven't dropped by lately, and for this I apologize. The concept of meeting another couple in a spanking relationship would be interesting. With so many spanking blogs, the idea that what we do is occasionally normal in a real relationship is comforting. Talking openly about spanking and sex is just something that most couples never do.
    I would suggest you go with your gut instinct, and call this person, albeit from a pay phone the first time, if their is any uncertainty.
    I will steal the concept for my blog, because their are a few people who regularly chat that would be fun to meet.
    thanks, and please post the outcome
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Grace,
    I too have met people in the real world. We contacted each other after a comment on My Bottom Smarts. First only through mails. But next Sunday exactly one year ago they paid us a visit. I was nervous, but that immediately went away when we shook hands. I've never regretted doing this. It has made our life more exciting and worth living.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, Ok, I got the point! I should call already!!!

    Actually, I CALLED!!

    I bet you all would like to know how it went too!

    Too bad you'll have to wait for a post on that!

    I'd like to thank you all for your advice. As usual, you were all right and everything went fine.

    But that is all I'm saying for now.

    Like to give a shout out to all the commenters that don't normally comment! Welcome to my blog! I've read all your comments, and WOW, who knew you all were such open-minded people???

    HUGS!
    grace
    (waves at Mike, glad to see you back!)

    ReplyDelete