You guys really know how to make me laugh! I having a very hard time believing that some of you have been mistaken for grandmas! Of course the wildchild was NOT happy that the nurse said we look so much a like that she thought we were sisters. NOBODY wants to look like their mom. Ok, let me rephrase that. 16 year old girls do NOT want to look ANYTHING like their mother. Poor girl!
So last night things were pretty bad. Bossman and the little man headed to the game. The wildchild would NOT come out of her room. She would NOT take pain meds! She would NOT drink or eat ANYTHING!
Now, I'm suppose to teach a class at our church for Vacation Bible School. Remember VBS when you were a kid? My parents were always sending me to ANY church that would have VBS and Sunday school buses. I've been to just about every religion. Now, I'm the adult and I'm teaching the little rugrats.
But last night I was afraid to leave the wildchild. She said she was having a hard time breathing. I called the doc on call and he assured me that this was NORMAL. After telling her that she MUST take her meds and she MUST drink or she would end up in the hospital, she finally took the pain meds. After debating back and forth about whether I should leave her, she finally yelled, OK, she didn't yell, but she wrote in all caps...GO TO CHURCH! I'LL BE FINE!
So I went. I told her if she needed me to call and the minute I saw the caller ID with her number, I would come home. I'm only 10 minutes away.
Well, I was nervous. I was hoping someone would be at the church to take my class. Unfortunately, nobody could take my class. But the wildchild didn't call.
When I got home, She was a totally different person. She had gotten up and taken a bath and she was in the living room watching the baseball game. The pain meds WORKED! DUH!
We watched a movie and then she wanted to try and eat. She said she felt like she had to learn how to swallow all over again. So after naming everything possible to eat, she decided mashed potatoes would be good. I made them room temp and she actually ATE them. After that she was a new girl. She felt sooooo much better.
She is doing much better today. She had a little bit of potatoes today, but other than that she is just doing a lot of sleeping. I think this means she's on the upside of things now!
Speaking of sleeping....I think I need a nap!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
It should be up hill from here! Glad she is better!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear she is doing better... moving i the right direction! Hang in there... you're doing a great job with her!
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Tiggs
So glad to hear this. She's going to be fine in no time!!
ReplyDeleteHas Bonds broke the record yet? I'm thinking not cuz it would be spread all over yahoo sports and I haven't noticed it. Although I only pay attention to my team.
Hugs~
Eva
Woo HOo! Horray for Pain Meds and the Wildchild doing better! Sleep is a wonderful cure all! Hope you get some too!!! :-) I can understand the shower, and a little food making you a new person! Sounds awesome!
ReplyDeleteCarye
Pain meds, shower, sleep, food.. yep, they all work for me, too! Ain't it amazing how Mom's (and the doctor's) advice actually WORKS? Mine would never admit that I was right, though. They didn't have to, as long as they were feeling better. I hope you get some sleep tonight and that wildchild is wild again very soon.
ReplyDelete*hugs* Suzy
Grace, this sounds very positive.
ReplyDeleteGlad that the Wildchild is feeling better.
Love, food and sleep does it every time.
Hope that you are getting some rest also.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
She also needed a little space and time to herself. After all SHE finally decided to take the pain meds (you and the doctor had nothing to do with her feeling better!) After all you are just a mother and can't know all that much.
ReplyDeleteI just had a frined have surgery here. At first terrible could stand, dizzy, in pain. Once they uped her pain med. she was fine and hasn't looked back. Pain does bad things to us. I am so glad things are better!
Love you!
PK