Fires

Although the news would make you think that the entire state of California is on fire, we are not.

I will say though, there is a whole lot of smoke and ash in the air.

Remember a couple of posts ago when I said it was a huge deal when we got rain??

I wasn't lying! This has been the driest year in history for California. That, along with the Santa Ana winds, makes for nasty, nasty fires!

The wind has been blowing hot, hot, hot and the air has felt very thick and heavy. Not your typical California weather.

As for me and mine, we are fine. We are used to dealing with ashy air and smoke plumes in the distance. Lucky for us they are in the far distance.

Thank you for the e-mails! I feel so blessed that so many of you were worried for us! It didn't dawn on me that anyone would worry. But never fear, I'm still around!

If there are any out there that are reading this that are truly affected please know, I am praying for you.

As for the rest of you.......

I got a spankin', I got a spankin'!

HUGS!
grace

10 comments:

  1. Now we can do the happy dance for you!!! Not just about the fires although that is a relief to know you're fine... but tell us more about that spankin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you will be staying up late tonight to tell us about the spanking, right?

    I wasn't worried about you (or Michael) because Will has kept me up to date, and I know you two were ok! Shew!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! Your neighborhood isn't on fire and you butt is! What could be better? Let's keep them both in the same state!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you posted this! I was worried about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it seems the drought is a record in many states, we had much the same problem with a state fire ealier in the season. Hopefully they will get it all out soon but Im glad your not in its path!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, glad to hear that you aren't at risk, I'm praying for rain for all who need it.
    We haven't had much rain in Cornwall yet, most unusual, I'm expecting a hosepipe ban any day.

    Now girl, you do know better!!!
    You cannot just announce that you have had a spanking and disappear, we demand a stroke by stroke commentary, if that isn't forthcoming we will petition Nick for a replay. *G*
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see this weekend shows some clouds rolling in; I hope it helps with the fires. Glad you guys are not involved.

    Yes, CA is a HUGE state, very very long indeed and it can be difficult for people who have never been here to understand how one part of the state can be completely unaffected by weather in another part. For instance, we have had clear blue skies all week without a hint of any smoke but that's because San Diego is over 500 miles away.

    And yes, please tell about the spanking! Although me being me, I'm mostly interested in the events leading up to it! lol *grins at you*

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are safe and sound. We are praying for all those in the fire zone from waaaaay up north in Canada. Where we are it is chilly and finally raining. We have had a drought too, but nothing like yours.

    hugs,
    hermione

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was worried about you! I am so happy that you are safe and sound! Smoky air doesn't sound fun though. I'd have to stay in all the time because of my asthma. You got a WHAT???? I WANT TO KNOW MORE???? PLEASE???? SHARE????? Make it a FF for PK if all else fails! :-)

    Hugs!
    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Grace,
    We've had the driest summer on record as well and we have been under a water restriction.After record heat as late as monday in the 80's it's been raining since tuesday night and we are now under a flood watch. We could have a total of 7 to8 inches by Saturday night which should help out a great deal.It's now in the low 50's dropping to 40's at night.
    Glad to know that you are ok..

    ReplyDelete