We made it back from Vegas.
I could tell you how much fun we had but.....
there wasn't much fun.
I could tell you how much food I ate but......
I was too stressed to eat.
I could tell you that I partied all night and slept all day but....
although I was up all night both nights, there was no party and no sleep the next day.
So, what DID happen in Vegas?
Glad you asked.
Everything was fine until Friday night. The boys....Bossman, the groom, my brother and his friend and the grooms 25yr old son.....were suppose to take the groom out for night on the town. My hubby is not really a party guy and had never been in a strip club, so he was excited to join in the fun.
They left around 9. Since the little man didn't come with us, the wildchild brought a friend. I took the girls and we went walking around the strip. They went on a roller coaster in the New York, New York and we had a great time.
I wasn't expecting Bossman to come in early. The girls and I returned to our hotel room around 11. I was tired from the long day. The girls were not. (surprise surprise) I fell asleep. While I was snoozing, my phone rang. My daughter anwered the phone. It was my sister, the bride. For purposes of this post, we shall call her BRIDEZILLA! So, bridezilla wanted to talk to my hubby. Bossman wasn't back yet. I would say it was about 12:45am when this call came in. Because I was asleep, the wildchild called her dad. He didn't answer his phone at first, but he did call back a few minutes later. The wilchild told him the bridezilla was looking for him. He said he was in the elevator and would be right up.
Soon as he opened the door, I woke up. By this time, it's 1am. Bossman says they lost the groom. Apparently bridezilla called because the son of the groom showed up at her hotel...which by the way, is about 15 minutes from our hotel. How he managed to get to his hotel before the boys got back to ours, I don't know.
I should mention at this point that Bossman and my brother and his friend were all staying in the same hotel. Bridezilla was staying in the other one that is 15 minutes from us.
So, Bossman calls bridezilla back. She's hysterical crying. Her soon to be husband is missing.
Here is the story that Bossman tells bridezilla.
They all went downtown to Fremont street. There was lots of bands and everyone was drinking and having a great time. They found a strip club. Apparently the groom didn't want to go into the strip club. Bossman and my brother each gave the groom 20bucks to gamble while the rest went into the strip club.
While Bossman and my brother and friend were in the strip club, the son shows up. He asks the boys to text the groom and tell him that he is with them. They do that, but apparently the groom has given them the wrong phone number. Actually, he gave them random numbers...I think the man had a little too much to drink.
After about 45 minutes, the son disappeared. He didn't say goodbye, he just disappeared. The boys assumed he went to find his dad. So, they went out to look for the groom and his son.
Couldn't find them. Disappeared.
After searching Fremont for awhile, they decided to head back to the hotel.
So, to recap...
The son disappeared but ended up at the hotel. So apparently HE couldn't find his dad. Bossman and my brother couldn't find the groom so they went back to the hotel. The groom? Who knows WHAT the groom was doing.
So bridezilla hysterically tells Bossman that she will call if the wedding is off and then she hangs up.
So, we don't know what else to do at this point, so we...go to bed.....
At 3:30 am....2 hours later....I get a text saying "He back."
So, where was the groom?
He claims he was waiting for them to come back from the strip club. Uh, why would anyone wait 2 hours?
Bridezilla says that the boys just ditched him. Why would they ditch him? He was happy to play the slots and they were happy to go to the strip club. They were all in the same building. If Bossman ditched the groom then why is it that the SON couldn't find his father either, and how did he end up at his hotel, which is farther than ours before Bossman??????
These are the questions that may never get answered.
In the next episode of to hell and back:
Will Bridezilla get married?
Will I ever get some sleep?
What happens when you don't feed your baby?
How many miles did I walk through casinos without getting a drink?
How many times did Bridezilla cry this weekend, in a bad way?
stay tuned...........
Wow. Why do people, who supposedly love each other, and are mature enough to get married do this to each other and the families that support and love them. Hang in there - and protect each other!
ReplyDeleteYoung insecure love, I sure don't miss that!!! Hope all went well. Makes you appreciate Bossman all the more I bet!! Take care
ReplyDeleteC
Funny though, my sister is only 4 years younger than me and this is her second marriage. The groom is older than me, I think he's in his mid-40's. He has also been married numerous times.
ReplyDeleteTrouble is, the blame got pushed squarely on Bossman and my brothers shoulders. Isn't this man smart enough to go back to the hotel after he can't find the gang? Oh, and btw, he claims his phone died. LOL
All I know is Bossman had fun going to the strip club. Doesn't really care to go again, but it was an experience...for sure!
HUGS!
grace
I love sitting in my cozy home with my sane husband and children not even considering marriage at this moment and read about chaos elsewhere! Keep writing girl!
ReplyDeletePK
Sheesh.
ReplyDeleteI'm staying tuned in here cuz I can't wait to hear the rest!!
Miss you!
Eva
Bet you're wishing you were back in LA with all your normal, sane friends. *g*
ReplyDeleteI'm hanging out here for the answers.
*hugs*
CeeCi
This sounds like the pilot for a reality show. I don't think the screenguild writers could have come up with some of that-WOW. I love the post sorry it was not much fun for you. Hopefully the groom and Bridezilla and your family will look back and laugh at all this. You have an amazing ability to render emotion into every situation you write about.
ReplyDeleteCiao,
I Gal
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGrace, so Vegas isn't Paradise after all.
ReplyDeleteSorry that you were so stressed, looking forward to the dénouement.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Oh my goodness! Quite the little soap opera going on...sorry your time was so stressful. Take care, Terps :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd I thought my family's drama would make a good soap opera! Now I'm wondering what sort of 'fun' I missed with my SIL's Vegas wedding last year. Hubby went, but I stayed home with the baby and went for a family visit afterwards. Hope the wedding went better than the bachelor party. Anyway, at least you're home now. :)
ReplyDeleteOMG! I'm so sorry Grace! :( What a nightmare.
ReplyDeleteVegas stopped being fun to visit years ago, at least for us. It got way too big, too crowded and way too focused on the wrong things. Nothing wrong with cutting loose and doing silly stuff like drinking too much or gambling or whathaveyou while in a place like that but it just seems so soulless these days. There used to be a vibe of either wonderful trashiness at the smaller, older places or an air of elegant cheese in the bigger, newer places and now it's just tourist icky sleaze no matter where you go.
Can't wait to hear the rest of your story! I hope it ended up well in the end.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteGrace, Vegas is not my spot for a visit (that's a whole other story) but I'm hanging around waiting to hear if you got some sleep.
ReplyDeleteDebbie :)
I am so confused....I guess that is why what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!
ReplyDelete