life

*This should have posted on Saturday....Don't know what happened, but here it is again!*

I'm still alive!

My mojo is still gone for writing, but I feel the pull back to reading blogs and such, so I'm sure I'll be up to writing in no time.

In the meantime, I thought I would fill you in on a few things.

D is NOT good. The treatment didn't work, there are new tumors and now, they have found some in her lungs. ~sigh~ She goes on the 20th to find out what sort of chemo she will be getting on. I guess I have nothing more to say on it other than PLEASE keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

We are heading to Vegas next Friday. My sister is getting married and frankly she is driving me NUTS! It's her second marriage, she's been living with her fiance for over a year AND they have a baby together. (the little angel, my godson) So....when she tells me things like..."can you take the baby, we need a honeymoon" and I say, "Uh, the baby, he IS your honeymoon." Well, see, it just gets me in trouble! Furthermore, she's upset because no one has given her a bridal shower or a bachlorette party. PLEASE! I'm not throwing her a party...I'm already spending a ton of money to go to Vegas...SHEEZ! Oh well, Vegas will be fun anyway!

So, what do I get for a gift? I have no idea! Any suggestions?

We haven't spoken to the MIL since July. I found a website where she posted her life story and it's amazing how different it is from real life. Apparently she's been living in a dual universe. The sad news is D isn't speaking to her either, and frankly it's hard to go through cancer without your mother! I don't even think my MIL knows how bad it is. Sad, isn't it?

I will say though, we are all happy without the drama!

Only 2 more football games to go! We have 4 wins and 2 loses. If we win the last 2 games we will make the playoffs. Go Team!

I finished the last Harry Potter book. ~sigh~ I am in LOVE with Harry. I can't believe it's over. This is definitely a series that I will read again! If there are any of you out there that haven't read these books, you are missing OUT!

Well, so much for not having much to write. Hopefully I'll have a lot of interesting things to write about when I get back from Vegas!

So, what have YOU been up too? Anything I missed out on? Anything you'd like to share with the group?

6 comments:

  1. Do something special in Vegas for her party, even it's a little dinner for the girls, or custom t-shirts to wear in the casino.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you here. I always miss you when you are gone. I am also happy that you have finished all the books but it's also a let down when you finish the last book in a great series.

    I will pray for D. It sounds pretty rough. Sorry her mother is so far into her craziness at this time. D could really use her real mother. Keep us up on how she is doing.

    I think you are doing tons for your sister. Going to Vegas and keeping the baby for them to go on vacation - you are right they had the honeymoon.

    Good luck on the football sounds like you have a great shot at the playoffs.

    Write when you feel like it and I will be by to read. You can email too you know! If you haven't check out my twins latest pictures you need to go see.

    big old hugs!

    PK

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a gift idea with a baby and it being her second I assume they all ready have most things for the home. What about a gift card to go out to dinner? Or Volunteer PK's Mollie to babysit!!I know PK and Nick love when she is babysitting!

    Sorry about D I will keep her in my prayers. (and you too)


    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace
    Glad you are back. I will be praying for your D. I have a Mom who in my lifetime I have not spoken to longer than I have spoken to. I hate that we do not have a relationship but I have tried. All I can say is you can't pick your relatives- Thank God D has you. As a huge football fan I wish your team all the best as they finish out the rest of the season. Take care. Your friends out here in cyberland are here for you.
    Ciao
    I Gal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, I am so sorry about D. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and to all of you. {{{{hugs}}}}

    No ideas on the baby thing, things are a bit frazzled here but I'm sure you'll all have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, my prayers are with you and yours.
    Enjoy the wedding and Vegas.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete