The Wedding Ditchers

In the last episode the wedding ditchers happened upon a ~gasp~ dead body. Now, I know it's Vegas. I know that lots of things happen in Vegas. But a dead body? Well, I just wasn't prepared for that.

Seems someone got murdered on the strip. People were running around, police were swarming the area. It looked like a job for CSI Las Vegas. Since we had the window open, we could hear the officers asking for things like rubber gloves. We could see the yellow tape going up. Yes folks, it looked like this had JUST happened and they were still after the suspect.

Want to know the sick part of this? People were taking pictures of the body. When I say people, I mean, tourist. Talk about sick puppies. I wasn't taking pictures, that's for SURE!

As traffic starts moving again we see that they are about to block off the entire strip. Sidewalk, street, everything. Luckily for us, they pulled the yellow tape behind our car. When speaking to a cabbie later, he informed us that had we been stuck in the yellow tape, the wouldn't have let us leave until they were done investigating, and THAT would have probably taken hours. The cabbie also informed us that they are rude and wouldn't have cared how long we would have had to wait. Which just goes to show, we DID have a tiny bit of luck on our side.

We decided to stop at a convenience mart that was across from the hotel so we could get some WATER! There was a homeless guy in front of the store that was doing a crazy break dance. My brother and Bossman gave the man some of their change. Mind you, it's 12:30 in the morning and the thermometer says it's 79 outside. The guy tells Bossman that he's break dancing to keep warm as the shelters were closed and it was going to be a cold night. My brother says, "Dude, it's 79 out here, I don't think it's going to be cold tonight". I was hysterical laughing. I though maybe after all this drama I was losing my mind, but seriously, that was FUNNY!

After all that excitement, we got back to our hotel and decided to take a taxi to Fremont street. Fremont is "old" Vegas. Lucky for us, it's only a 12 dollar cab ride to Fremont street and since everyone was caught on the strip, it wasn't even crowded. We found a nice bar that was empty. It had leather sofas and easy chairs and it was perfect for 4 exhausted wedding ditchers. My mom just wanted a margarita. My brother was thrilled to finally get a beer. So we sat. And drank. And talked about Bridezilla.

If you've kept up with this story at all, you are probably wondering what happened to my brothers friend. Since this night has been nothing but murder and mayhem....what's a little more drama added to the mix?

Before I tell you where the friend was, let me explain. Both of Bossman's sister live in Vegas. The one with cancer, D, was on a cruise for the week and was coming home that night, so we had plans with her for breakfast. The other sister also lives in Vegas and she is nothing but drama. She is totally on the MIL's side of things and doesn't speak to D at all. But, we thought we were on good terms with her. We saw her Friday night and all seemed well with her. She was invited to the wedding, but Saturday afternoon, informed me that she had other plans with friends of hers. I told her we would be busy with the wedding all night (boy were we!) but if she wanted to hang out with us, she should give us a call and meet up with us.

I tell you all this, because this is the next part of the drama. See, while we were doing the wedding thing, she and my brothers friend hung out together. Actually, the friend, lets call him S, met up with her and her friends on Fremont street earlier in the evening.

So, fast forward to 1:30 am. We are sitting in the bar, finally enjoying ourselves, when Bossman gets a call from his sister. She is so drunk that Bossman can't really understand much of what she's saying, but the jest of it was...."I don't know why you called me, and I'm safe now." Not sure what that means, but Bossman told her to call him back when she was sober.

Now we are all curious...what the heck happened? My brother calls S to find out what happened that night. S tells my brother that he met my SIL on Fremont street and she and her friends were playing some sort of drinking game that involved going from bar to bar, drinking shots and then something about snorting salt and putting something in their eye. Don't ask me what that means, I have NEVER heard of such a thing. BUT the bottom line? The SIL was plastered by 7:30. Apparently all her friends ditched her, and she had NO money to get home. Seems it was going to cost 60 bucks to send her home in a taxi. S didn't really want to pay her taxi, so he took her back to our hotel. Well, she threw-up all over the taxi. S felt bad for the cabbie and gave him 30 bucks. THEN she made a huge scene at the hotel, bumped her head on the cement when she was throwing up and S finally threw her in a taxi and paid another 40 bucks to get her home.

Um, yeah....

After hearing about that drama, we decided some gambling is in order. We find this cool table that seats 4 and the dealer is actually a video of a cute girl. We play blackjack, make fun of the video dealer and my mom wins money while the rest of us lose it all.

We finally head back to the hotel, but not before I get a call from my daughter wondering what is going on because Bridezilla wants to know why we aren't back yet. Then Bridezilla sends me a text saying "Since you didn't go back to the hotel, I guess that means you guys didn't want to hang out with us."

DUH!!

We made it back to the hotel around 3:30am unscathed.

So, is the drama over? We have the little angel in our room, so I know I won't get much sleep. We are taking the little angel home with us the next day. The plan is to pack up, meet D (the SIL with cancer) for breakfast and then head home.....

How do you think THAT plan turned out?

*cue the music of doom*

Tune in for another exciting episode of Bridezilla and the Wedding Ditchers.

3 comments:

  1. Good grief, Grace. Zipping all over Vegas, dead body, all of these characters.....This is the wedding from hell! In a week or two, you'll be laughing hysterically about it. i hope....

    And....there's more?

    My life is so boring.......

    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS! Pardon my grammar error in the previous post! Always start a sentence with caps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this story truly is from a movie... :-)

    ReplyDelete