Warning...this post is depressing. If looking for happy, cheerful stuff, please, take a look at my links. I'm sure there is something there to make you smile.
This has been a hard week for me. Hard weeks = not in a blogging mood.
I don't really have much to write on this blog. There hasn't been spanking and although Bossman and I have made up from our previous spat, we still aren't all that connected. It's hard to get connected when you just don't have any time alone. It seems that when the time alone comes, we have other things to do.
So, in other depressing developments, Poor D had to put her dog to sleep. Now I ask you all, how fair is that? The dog was old and frail, as a matter of fact, the dog was 17, but still....this was D's baby. When D called with the news, she couldn't stop sobbing. This dog was her child.
After the week I've been having, it's just been too much to bear. I've become afraid to answer the phone when I see D's number. It just seems like the news is always, always bad!
It's exhausting! See, when I talk to D, I try always to be positive. But I found myself lacking words. I've run out of comforting things to say.
Sometimes life just isn't fair.
In other news, Friday night Bossman and I have to attend a fancy-shmancy Christmas dinner for Bossmans work. This thing is held at the fancy-shmancy country club and there are lots of very rich people there. I don't look forward to going. Not only is it boring, but sheez, I have nothing in common with these people. They talk about their trips to far off lands, they talk about their cabins by the lakes and their new boats. They all look fancy...hair all quaffed and nails all polished and spiffy looking and I...well I always feel like the red-neck hillybilly!
I have nothing to talk about, except kids or "Ellen". I could say I blog about spanking...that might turn a few heads! But, I do want Bossman to keep his job, so that's probably not a good idea!
I did get a sparkly dress. I spent the entire day looking for shoes. What the HELL is wrong with shoes stores? Why must every single shoe have 5 inch heels? I'm 5'10 people, if I wear high heels I look like gigantor! I could just get some leather and you can call me Zena Warrior Princess!
~sigh~ I gave up the search for shoes. I'm going barefoot. Think they will let me into the country club? Probably not...Oh well they probably all think I'm one of the Beverly Hillbillys anyway!
Ok, enough of this depressing crap...just reading this is making me sick....
Next post....The country club dinner and how I embarrassed myself. (Cuz I just KNOW something will happen...)
Grace
ReplyDeleteI wish I could send you a big bubble full of sparkly angel dust. Cause I sure do know what you mean, sometimes, many times life just isn't fair, and there are just no words to make it better. But it's nice to know that you can still just be there for your family and friends thru the tough times. I am still new to your blog, but I just love it. It feels all sparkly and its so pretty.
Take care Grace....sending lots of sparkly hugs,
Andrades
I am so sorry D had to go through that right now. That's tough when you are in the best of times much less when you are worried about your own health. I feel this is possibly coming with our dog. He is very old.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear how you will enbarrass youself!! Those are the fun posts. Talk about your trip. Tell them you met some well know bloggers. Describe the wonderful stores we shopped at. Tell them you are planning to come east soon, that you are visiting your friend at her summer home (okay it's also my fall, winter and spring home but they don't have to know that!) The people at the party will be lucky you and Bossman chose to grace them with your presents!! I know how much fun you are.
love you!!
Ah Grace, its that time of the year again, compounded with the other stresses in life. I'm so sorry about D's baby. Life is just so unfair sometimes.
ReplyDeleteA little humor was poking through here - 5 inch heels on a 5'10 woman - hmmmmm....Dominatrix comes to mind!
Listen....when you go to this party be sure to check out what everyone is wearing - every little crazy detail. I'm sure there's going to be someone that you'll think "What the hell was she thinking buying that dress?" or "Does that guy know his toupee is on backwards? or Nice freaking tie, geek?" Oops! Did I type these things. I'm so mean.
Really - I am so sure your next post will make us spew if we have liquid in our mouths. I'll be waiting.
You know D is in my thoughts. I know where you've been when you see the caller ID. It is so very difficult. We're here for you, Grace.
Warm, warm Hugs,
Debbie :)
You will get through this, and you and Bossman will reconnect, too. It will just take time, which I know is a pain in the ass, but sometimes that is just the way things go. I'm so sorry to hear about D's continuing problems....I sympathize with not wanting to answer the phone when she calls.
ReplyDeleteI also look forward to your post after the party!
Sending good thoughts your way....
Hugs,
Kallisto
I hope life looks up soon Grace. I'm sure you'll look just beautiful to Bossman in your sparkly dress and he's all that counts yes?
ReplyDeletePoor D! Poor you! :(
ReplyDeletePlease don't feel guilty about looking at the phone and not being happy about it being D. When my mom had cancer and was in the hospital, I'd walk in the door home and automatically pick up the phone to vent to my mom about what a tiring day I'd had at the hospital and how upset I was about my mom.
*Forgetting* that my mom was no longer at home for me to talk to and was, in fact, the same person I wanted to vent about.
Your emotions are valid, you ARE going through a lot emotionally, you have every right to be tired of it and want a break. {{{{hugs}}}}
As for the party, hey, we can support each other since Dan's company party is Friday too. It is also filled with people who are wealthy and travel and I've barely been out of California. I don't look as "glossy" as they do either and I'll be wearing a simple cotton dress I got at Ross last year but you know what?
I'll walk in there on Dan's arm like I own the place anyway. You don't need to tell yourself you are better than anyone there but you sure as hell are no LESS than anyone else there. You're funny and bright and attractive so just walk in there, tell yourself you love everyone and assume everyone will love you; this works really well, trust me.
Hey, at least you don't have to play some silly game, like the company President insists on doing every year. It's so *painful*, OMG! But he passes out the bonus checks AFTER the game so...yeah. :\
Think of my ordeal and smile Friday, "at least we're not playing some stupid game like poor Amber and Dan" ahahahahah! *grins*
Grace, if I remember rightly, the Beverley Hill Billies were nice folk.
ReplyDeleteAmber's advice is good you are as good as anyone, if anyone looks down on you, imagine them taking a dump.
I hope that your week gets better.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Thanks for your words of support!
ReplyDeleteAmber...I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has to endure the pain and agony of the dreaded Christmas Party!
Now, if I could just find some damn shoes!
Curses to the tall me and my big feet!
HUGS!
grace