I can't believe we made it to Z! There have been weeks when I've thought of skipping it and I think I was late a couple of times but YAY! I made it!
Before I get to the Z's I'd like to give a small update on life. Both of the SIL's are doing well. Well, D is doing GREAT and is so happy that the cancer is retreating! She feels like she has a new lease on life! I am so happy for her and selfishly, I'm happy for the rest of us. I certainly wasn't looking forward to a life without D!
As for the other SIL...well, who knows? Bossman has offered to help her get on her feet, but she is unwilling to do anything to help herself. She is in denial that she has any sort of drinking or drug problem. Everyone that knows her, knows she has problems with both. Not much you can do with someone when they don't want to admit they have trouble and are unwilling to do anything to help themselves. All I can do now is pray that she doesn't try it again.
Isn't in ironic that I have one SIL that want so bad to live and has had to fight for her life and one that is ready to throw it all away at the drop of a hat? The MIL has surfaced. We've only had contact with her about 3 times this whole year. Out of the blue she decided to call. Of course there was a whole lot of denial. Of course SHE didn't do anything to cause us to not want to talk to her and she can't understand why any of us wants to stay away from her. Of course she thinks that it's all about her being a muslim. (it's not...but she doesn't want to admit that she's done anything...so being muslim is a good excuse for us to not talk to her...right?) Of course, she knows that Bossman won't talk to her...so she calls during the day when she knows I'm home and she blocks her number so I don't know who's calling.
Of course!
But I am a good DIL and I have talked to her a couple of times. I've been very nice and she's been nice too. If I only have to speak to her once in a while...I can handle that!
As for the house.....WE got it! The underwriter has signed off the loan and we are giving our 30 notice on Friday! We will probably be moving the weekend of the 20th of August! I can't WAIT! I'm so excited! Bossman is taking the last 2 weeks of August off of work so we will have 2 weeks to move. It's going to be a chore moving 8 years of stuff...but I'm looking forward to sorting through all the stuff! I'm sure that after a day or two of sorting...I'll be sick of it!
So, that's life in Graceland....things are humming right along!
Now...on to the Z's!
Zebras
zippers (sexy when pulled down....YUM!)
zoinks! Scooby and Shaggy are my favorite!
ZZZZZZZ I love my sleep! My bed is comfy!
Well, I guess I can't think of any other z's! I sure did enjoy doing Gratitude Tuesday! It's nice to take time and be thankful...especially when life is sucking!
So, go....be grateful!
Congratulations, Grace. I'm so happy for you. Owning your own home is very exciting. Clearing out 8 years of stuff - not so much. Has to be done, unfortunately. Keep thinking how wonderful it will be - your very own place.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the D got some very good news and she is still in my prayers. I'm sorry about the other SIL and you are right about having to admit to a problem. Tough place to be. All one can do is be supportive as much as possible and hope for the best.
Having just said goodbye on the telephone with my MIL. Oh dear. I can relate.
Hey, I went private. I did invite you but I think maybe you didn't get the invite because I had the wrong address. I'll check again with PK.
Oh so exciting to get a new home. Yea for you guys.
Hugs,
Debbie :)
Grace, good news about D, until the other SIL admits to problems not a lot can be done.
ReplyDeleteWhat can be done about a MIL, just shrug.
Great News about the house, I wish you all joy of it.
Not a lot you can do with Z.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Wonder news about D, she's in my thoughts as for your other SIL you can't do anything, it's down to her.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you all, how exciting it's going to be. I know busy and stressful moving house but it will be yours.
Love and best wishes.
Ronnie
xx
Congrats on the house, Grace. Now the fun really begins... moving, decorating, enjoying the wonder of having your own home, and the most fun of all... having all those new rooms to play in. :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGrace,
ReplyDeleteI hope both your SIL are able to lead long, happy lives! But after reading about one SIL and your MIL all I can say is that you sure got the finest one in that family when you landed Bossman.
I am so excited about the house!! What floor is my bedroom on? Now I know how much work you have ahead of you but before you start that you need a walk through with just Bossman - and the backscratcher - just to make sure it works in every room!
Love you sister!
PK
Congratulations on the house! Hugs, Terps :-)
ReplyDeleteAwesome on the house and D! And yes, you are a good DIL for being patient despite the fact your MIL is batshiat crazee and difficult to deal with.
ReplyDeleteSad about the SIL but I have/had family members like that too and they're gonna do what they're gonna do.
Pics of the new house, I hope?
Congrats on the new house. Curious as to what happen to the letter X,did i miss it somewhere?
ReplyDeleteThank you all for your great support! Life is getting crazy with packing and moving and such! I hope to get back to real blogging when the dust settles!
ReplyDeleteAs for the letter X..you can find that on July 13th post....the only x word I used was X-ray!
HUGS!
grace3
Grace. I've enjoyed the Gratitude Tuesday. I was without pc for a long time so could not participate. I've enjoyed going back and reading what I missed. That's great D is doing so much better. I can very much relate to MIL. Mine does the same thing.
ReplyDeleteI hit send too soon, lol. That's great you are going to be owning a home. It's a lot of work moving 8 years of stuff, but it will be so worth it.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you made it to zzz's Although I would have like to see a few more z words. Love you and keep up the blogging. I wish you would get back to those awesome stories you used to write.
ReplyDeleteLove you.