another year older and deeper in debt....

I'm sure the title of this post is part of a song. I can't seem to remember what song, but the line has been stuck in my head all week. And, ain't it the truth???

I had a GREAT birthday. I was treated to a lunch and a drive to the beach by Bossman. After my cancer killing treatment (must mention cancer with every post...LOL), we went out for dinner with the kids and my Mom. We came back to the house for ice cream cake (sorry PK, but it was really fattening and delicious!) and then it was time for PRESENTS!

Yes, I am a little kid when it comes to presents. I LOVE 'em! Let's be real, even if you say you don't want presents, you do....and even if you say you don't like getting presents.....WE don't believe you! Yes-you-do! You like presents, I like presents, we all like PRESENTS!

Back to presents....

My daughter gave me a beautiful heart necklace that says mom and it has a key and it says "a key to a full heart is love".

Let's all say....AWWWWWWWW...together now.

Next, my son gave me a book that I had wanted and (again, I'm sorry PK) a box of twinkies. YUM YUM. My boy knows me so well...

Bossman gave me, well, he's giving me... it's being ordered this week, a Kindle. Click on the link if you want to know what it is. I can't WAIT to get it. I love reading and I'm so excited to be able to have any book I want at my finger tips. I can hardly wait for it to come.

I hope you all you mothers had a great Mothers day. Mine was good. There were chocolate covered strawberries (sorry PK) and there was breakfast in bed. It was a very lovely day.

Last, but not least, I want to thank all my friends for stopping by to wish me a happy birthday. I appreciate all of you! And to my good friend Tracy for putting up this post for me! PK, you might not want to stop by, because it all looks delicious! Thanks Tracy for taking the time out to think of me! http://angelbrat454.blogspot.com/2010/05/happy-birthday-grace.html

Written while ignoring laundry by::
post signature

7 comments:

  1. Way to go Grace! This post caused me to gain at least 2 pounds. If Nick gets the cane out for this weight gain - well I think it should come out of your butt!

    Glad you had a great birthday. About the Kindle, can you plug in into the care and have it read to you? That's one feature I would want if I ever get one. Let me know all about it when you have had a chance to play with it.

    Big hugs!

    PK

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, happy to hear that you had a great two days.
    I bought myself a Kindle for Christmas, I love it.
    And yes PK as long as the book you buy is speaker enabled, it will read it to you.
    Unfortunately I tend to fall asleep while being read to.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I never heard of that before! Sounds fantastic!
    So sorry I am late wishing you a Happy Birthday, but at least I know my wishes came true!!!! xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a great day!

    Love and Huggs!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great Day!!! Glad you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The song is called Sixteen tons.
    Another day older and deeper in debt. ST Peter don't you call me cause I can't go.... etc etc.... I hate when songs get stuck in my head. LOL Glad you had a good day.

    C

    ReplyDelete