We don't.
But the little man thinks we do.
Saturday morning, ( a week after the first incident) Bossman and I woke up early. We laid in bed talking and snuggling and all the stuff that couples do in bed. We were VERY worried about the little man hearing us, so we didn't go to far.
Well, we weren't planning on going to far.
But then we started touching and stuff.
We were so quiet.....and we only tried it for a few seconds before we realized that it wasn't really going to work, so we stopped.
Then we got up to start the day.
The little man was in a bad mood and finally spilled the beans and said he heard us....AGAIN!
Now, honestly, I don't see how he heard anything. Frankly, when we were actually "doing it" we were super quiet. Also, we didn't do it for very long because we didn't want to be heard. So, I THINK he just heard us talking and giggling and stuff.
He was quite mad! He says he KNOWS exactly what was going on.
Now seriously, unless he had a glass to the wall, I can't believe he heard.
Anyway, I thinking of joining a monestary now.
This is a big problem. NOW, I want sex! Before, it didn't really matter. I mean, of course in mattered but in the grand scheme of things, I could wait and not worry about it. NOW? Now I want it! It's the ole' problem of not wanting something until someone says you can't have it.
GAH!
What the heck are we suppose to do? The boy apparently has bionic ears and can hear things behind closed doors and walls. Super human hearing!
Here's my ideas for solving this problem, if you have others, please share them with me.
1. Kick the boy out.
I know that seems extreme but.....
2. Move the boy to a different bedroom.
Could be a possibility except....we just painted and decorated his whole room.
3. Play loud music while making love.
4. Only have sex when he's not home.
5. Practice abstinence.
~sigh~
And I really, really wanted to try out the anal stuff!
Written while ignoring laundry by::
6. Get him an ipod. Tell him to use it. :)
ReplyDeletes
Grace, how old is he? You could just explain that mommy and daddy were wrestling or having some private time?... Maybe wait til he goes to sleep? Does he really know about sex?
ReplyDeleteYou cant practice abstinence... that isn't good for anyone... he'd be really mad if mommy and daddy had to separate because their needs weren't being met, ya know?
Good luck!
A child exchange with a friend or relative for an overnight...??
ReplyDeleteabby
Geeze,
ReplyDeleteAre we going to have to turn the hose on you two?? I'm betting he didn't hear anything except whispering and low talking. Somehow you are going to have to let him know it none of his business. I would totally ignore his anger. He knows what sex is and he know parents do it. Be as embarrassed as you need to be for yourself but not in front of him. He's trying to guilt you into stopping and that's not going to happen. He'll adjust if you ignore his anger.
That being said, once our kids started staying up late than we/I didn't feel as comfortable making love while they were up and about. We usually wait until she's not home because she's gone a lot. Of course you have two at home so it's easier for them to double team you!
Good luck sister!
PK
S, He has an ipod! Now if he could just use it when we need him too! LOL
ReplyDeleteAudra, he's 12 almost 13 so the wrestling idea (and we've used it before) doesn't work anymore. Plus, he's been perfectly clear that he knows EXACTLY what we are doing...
Abby, yes, spending the night somewhere else is an option but unfortunatly I've made my house so fun that the kids always want to spend the night HERE!
PK, Please not the hose. But geez, this is very frustrating!
HUGS!
grace
Actually, you need to turn the tables on him. Tell him...after all, if he is 12/13, he is old enough to understand... that it is actually VERY rude to listen in to other people's private business. Tell him he has no right to be listening to you two; if you are in your own room you are entitled to privacy. If he thinks he can overhear you, if it is daytime a) he should turn on the tv/music/computer, or go play out... or b) if it is night time/early morning, why the heck isn't he asleep?
ReplyDeleteTELL HIM, THATS WHAT GROWN ADULTS WHO ARE MARRIED AND LOVE EACH OTHER DO!!!!! Would he prefer it if you guys divorced? How does he think he got here, flew in with the stork?
At the end of the day, he is a child, YOUR child, and your name is not Virgin Mary. He does not make the rules in your house, and he is being disrespectful to make such demands on you or try to stop you doing what loving parents do!!!!xxxxxxxxx
Ummm, that said, I'm thinking no way can you try out the anal while the kids are around. As I understand it, you need to be able to relax...but if there is the slightest chance of the kids overhearing, you will never be able to relax enough for it to be successful!!!
ReplyDeleteI would definitely go for farming the kids out... or ask an adult friend to stay home while you guys get a room somewhere for a well earned break!!!
Grace,
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with Daisy, I would go farther, if he continues this behavior, suggest he stay in a monastery.
Who on earth does he think he is!!
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Daisy chain already said everything I had to say. You have to make it clear you are the parents and he is the kid. And I would think about moving his bedroom even if you just decorated it.
ReplyDeleteFD
If he does know exactly what you two are doing, then why does this upset him so? I would find out why this bothers him. his reaction is unusual, usually kids would be like,, YUCK,,, or EWWW, but he seems upset. I would try to find out why this upsets him. Then you would be better able to talk to him. Sex is an intimate and loving part of a MARRIED relationship. At 12 he is old enough to understand. Theres something he is not telling you. Something he has heard. Good Luck
ReplyDeleteC