I should be spanked!
Anyway, thanks so much for all the comments. Bossman and I have been reading them with interest. Unfortunately, there hasn't been any time to try out your suggestions. As a matter of fact, there hasn't even been time for spankings.
Also, I think Bossman and I are probably going to win the worst parents in the world award this year.
Here's what happened.
Friday evening, we were getting ready for a yard sale. Going through closests and cabinets and pricing things. (We made over 300 on our junk...yay us!)
Bossman and I went into the bedroom and it was cold. We were also tired. So we laid in bed under the blankets snuggling. We thought the little man was busy playing his video games.
Well, as with a lot of couples laying in bed snuggling, on thing led to another and well, you know.....things just happened.
I thought we were quiet and fast. So when we were done we came out into the living room. The little man looked at me with tears in his eyes and said, "I heard what you guys were doing and I don't want to hang out with you guys anymore."
He was VERY upset.
Bossman and I just looked at each other. I think Bossman was very embarrassed because he didn't say anything. NOTHING.
He just walked away.
Now, the little man didn't want to talk. He went into his room and refused to speak to me.
This is what I told him.
A. We didn't do anything wrong.
B. We are very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very sorry.
C. We will NEVER, ever, do that again.
Then I left him to his thoughts and went back to the garage stuff.
After a cooling off time, (10 minutes) he forgave us and moved on.
Bossman said, NOTHING!
I don't know how else we could have handled things, but I do know one thing for sure....
I'm rearranging the furniture in my room so it's not against the living room wall.
~sigh~
Written while ignoring laundry by::
OH NO! Nothing like that embarrassment!
ReplyDeleteMy kids have caught us before.. they started pounding on the door and said "What the heck are you guys doing in there anyway?" AHHHHHHH we responded by saying nothing... I don't think they really know what they heard... but they knew enough to know it wasn't normal! lol.
Worse things could happen, at least your little man has parents who love each other. Could be worse. :-)
LOL! As Eva would have said 'suck to be you!' We did have something like this happen with Mollie. She didn't hear anything but she did find some of our emails when we were first talking about spanking, dominance, being naughty - NOT anything I wanted my 10 year old reading!
ReplyDeleteI agree you didn't do anything wrong. You were sorry he overheard but I certainly hope you are going to do it again!!
Hmmmmm... makes me want to do a post about what I did. I'll let you know when it's up.
Hugs girl - and don't be away so long!
PK
Oh, poor little guy! It seems so scary to them at that age (which is a good thing)! I had to explain sex to Morgan when I was pregnant with her little sister, and after telling her that sex is how babies are made, she looked so upset and said "You mean you guys have done it TWICE?" Bless his heart (and yours), but he really will be okay with it soon enough, and at least he overheard people he knows love each other!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Tracy
Did you ask him what he thought you were doing? You may be surprised at his answer. He may have thought Bossman hurting you, or that you were jumping on the bed having fun and didn't let him play. Your guilty conscience led you to assume he knew. When he calms down in a few days have a frank discussion with him about what he thinks was going on let him lead you. Good luck...
ReplyDeleteC
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh, MY!!!
ReplyDeleteI was always so so careful to never "do" it in the hearing of the kids! Not cos I was a good mum, but cos I would have DIED if I had thought they heard us!!!!!!!
They had to be either fast asleep, or out of the house!!! LOL I feel for you!
When you promised to NEVER do it again, were you specific about WHAT you would never do again? (ie, have sex, or let him hear you have sex???? !!!!) because if he thinks you meant the former, and finds out you have broken that promise.... (then again, how would he find out unless he heard you, which means either promise has been broken...) *sigh* Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxx