The time finally came to send our son off to school. The school is 3 hours away. I know, it seems crazy, there aren't many that would send their freshman off to school, unless it's military school.
This school is great. It's going to be such a great experience for him. We just have to get through the first couple of weeks because right now, I can't help but wonder what the heck I was thinking.
The minute we left him, as we were pulling away the tears started. I didn't think it would be that hard, but it's not like I was taking him to college. I should have had 4 more years to get used to the idea.
I know we made the right decision. I just wish it wasn't so hard.
My daughter is finally deciding to move out. For her, I'm excited. She's 21, it's time she left the nest and started her own life. But going from a full house to an empty house is going to be hard. Much harder than I thought.
So, does this mean spankings are on the horizon?
Only time will tell.
Written while ignoring laundry by::
It will be okay, in fact I'm willing to bet that you'll even like it a little and then you'll feel guilty about that. Yes there should be some spanking in your future. It not, you need to me emailing - not me, him!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
PK
It definitely means time for spankings, the rest is up to you.
ReplyDeleteSorry for emptiness - eventually you get used to it and then it becomes a reality and then you get used to it and they come home and you can't wait until they are gone again.
I know hard to believe but it's true.
Good luck in the meantime.
I completely agree with Sunnygirl and PK.
ReplyDeleteYou'll get used to the empty nest in no time.
The worst that can happen is that sometimes they return!
My son and girlfriend are back for a few month.
My wife has forgotten all about me.
Son has taken my desk and my computer and yesterday I even saw him wearing my coat.
Empty nests are great!
The day that I have been looking forward to - empty nest. I guess in reality it might not be so great at first. Hope that all things go well and you enjoy any and all spnakings.
ReplyDeleteJust like when they went to kindergarten for the first time, the first time they stayed overnight at someone else's house, the first time your daughter drove somewhere on her own, etc., it's all new at first and scary and hard, then you get used to it, then you get to like it. :)
ReplyDeleteBut I completely relate since I've been there myself. {{{{Grace}}}}
~~Adrienne