Let's not talk about my problems today. It's just too overwhelming and depressing and I am tired of that.
Let's talk about my kids!!!
I can't really call my son the Little man any more. He's 15 and 6"1. He's almost as tall as Bossman. It's so weird to have to look up to him. So now he's just a young man.
He is doing SO SO well in school! He loves that school so much! If you had asked me two years ago if I would consider sending my son to a boarding school 3 hours away, I would have said HELL no!!! But it really was the best decision we ever made! He is thriving! He is getting all A's except for geometry! Poor kid, math is NOT his subject! When he was in junior high he was getting b's and c's....so to have almost all A's? Well, it's just amazing!!! The dorm deans have told us that he is a natural leader in the dorms and everyone loves him. His nickname is Sunshine! He's always been my sunshine and now others are seeing that for themselves.
The wildchild? She's not so wild anymore. She's decided to settle down and stop partying. She found a job 3 hours in the opposite direction of my son. Funny how Bossman and I ended up in the middle. She loves her new job and she and her boyfriend are moving into an apartment together this weekend. Brand new- just built- apartment. She is so excited about life and she has confessed that she thinks the boyfriend will propose to her soon! I'm thinking he may wait for her birthday or Christmas. It's all very exciting.
So, there you have it! Things aren't all doom and gloom around here. Bossman and I just need to figure out how to transition from kids to no kids.
I need to figure out my new identity in life.
Maybe I can be the next......
Shoot, I can't even think of what I can be the next of! BAH!
Boy our children really have changed since we met out here. But aren't they turning out beautifully! Now we just have to make sure we grow and change and turn out as well as they have.
ReplyDeleteMy son was in kindergarten when I started this blog. Now he's in high school. Time, it's crazy fast!
DeleteAww thanks for sharing..its scarey letting them go be their own but its nice to see a good job they are doing
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm very proud of those two knuckle heads!
Deletethat is a big transition. your children sound well and happy. now you just have to find your own happiness. :-)
ReplyDeleteFinding my own happiness is going to be a challenge!
DeleteHere is an unusual question. If you were naughty would you allow your teenage son to spank you on your bare bottom?
ReplyDelete