Life has been busy, busy, busy for us!
On March 12th, Bossman and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. We planned a mini honeymoon at a hotel on the beach near our home. It was THE BEST!!! Our room overlooked the beach and ocean. We had a great view of the pier. Our room had a hottub on the balcony that overlooked the beach and the room also had a fireplace. It was lovely and romantic. We enjoyed it so much. Now I want to live on the beach. I want my house to be close enough that I can leave the door or window open and hear the ocean. Something to dream about!
Yesterday my little man left for a trip to Europe. About 40 kids from his school plus chaperones went on the trip. We went up to his school over the weekend so we could make sure he had everything he needed for his trip and so I could make sure he packed deodorant. Also, we hadn't seen him in a month and I really wanted to see him before he left. The night before he left he called and he sounded so nervous that it upset me. After we hung up I just started bawling my eyes out. What was I thinking letting my little man go to the other side of the world? Yesterday I was better and we talked to him right before he boarded the plane. He sounded happy and excited so I felt a little better. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night. He texted at 4am to tell us he landed in Paris. That my friends was 12 hours! I'm sure the hours were long for him, they were really long for ME! I finally got some sleep after that. He's going to be gone until the 28th. He is going to Switzerland, Italy, and France. It's such a wonderful opportunity for him and I'm excited for him. I just don't like hearing about missing planes the whole week leading up to his departure!
Speaking of my little man....did you know that my blog is 10 years old? That means when I started this lovely blog the little man was only 5. He was in kindergarten, he was NOT going to far off lands without me. The wild child was only in 8th grade. Now she's getting married. It's surreal. It's a whole lifetime ago.
This blog has meant so much to me. It's allowed me to say things that I can't say out loud. It's given me a place to talk about spanking and sex. It's let me talk about cancer and the fear that I couldn't say out loud. It's let me talk about loved ones that have passed on, relationships with my father that I didn't understand and childhood traumas that I have endured. And through it all you have been there. Whether you've been cheering me on, cheering me up, pointing out things that I hadn't thought of or just supporting me even when I'm a crazy person, you have all been there. I get feedback from all of you which makes me think about things in a way I may not of thought of myself. I've made friends here that I would never have met without this blog. Some of you I've met in real life and some I've just met through the blog and through email and even some on facebook. I cherish these friendships more than you know. Some of you are new and some have been around since the beginning. It doesn't matter. I read your comments and I smile, laugh, cry, or even change my opinion.
That is what this blog has been about....
and I love you guys for it!
Thanks for always being here!
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteWow! Ten years must be some kind of record here in the blogaverse. Congratulations.
Your mini-honeymoon sounds wonderful. Sigh!
Hugs,
Hermione
Thanks so much! The honeymoon was lovely!
DeleteGrace hello,
ReplyDeleteI had no idea you were blogging for so long. Congratulations on 10 years and your 25th Anniversary.
I'd love to live on the beach as well:)
Love,
Ronnie
xx
I love the beach! I do live fairly close, which is nice, but I want to be able to hear it from my window! Thanks for continuing to read!
DeleteCongratulations Grace...10th anniversary blogging and 25th anniversary married...how awesome! Here's wishing you another 10 and 25!
ReplyDeleteOoh I would love to live on a beach...actually a beach on an island. LOL
Blessings...
Cat
Thanks! And yes! An island would be perfect!
DeleteTen years, your children were babies, YOU were a baby only married fifteen years. I came by pretty early, but you are the queen of longevity here. I'm proud to know you!
ReplyDeleteYou know i love you! We've had some fun, haven't we? And yes! I was a baby! HA!
DeleteHi Grace, wow ten years, you must be one of the longest bloggers here! I didn't even know what a blog was then!!
ReplyDeletelove Jan.xx
I didn't know what a blog was either! So crazy, it seems like a different life was happening then! Thanks!
Deletecongratulations on ten years! Your special honeymoon time sounds lovely and romantic. Glad to have you here! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteTerps! Can I call ya Terps? HA! You've been reading a long time! Thanks for your support! HUGS!
DeleteTen years is amazing.
ReplyDeleteI still wonder how my children were babies being packed up for camp and now pack their kids up for day care. Life goes so quickly. Embrace every minute. The good the bad and the ugly. It's life and we only get to do this once. No do overs. Jackie