follow me

When you and your partner go to the store, who gets out of the car first?

Who follows who?

Are you the type of person that takes a few minutes to gather everything before you get out, or do you just jump right out?

This is one of Bossmans biggest pet peeves.  I go my own way.  He takes longer than I to get out of the car and I just jump right out.  I take the path of least resistance and he....well, he's behind me, so I don't know what path he takes.

He thinks I take the opposite path that he does, but honestly, I don't think about it, I just do it.  I just go.

So I've been trying to work on it.  I've been trying to wait for him, to walk next to him, to follow his path.

It's HARD!  Sometimes he's so SLOW! I have NO patience for slowness.

But...

Submissiveness comes in many forms.  This is just one of the many ways that I am NOT submissive.

It really does bug him though....

So.

I'm trying...

7 comments:

  1. We usually end up holding hands....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the trying - it's hard to break lifelong habits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel a little for Bossman here. No matter where we go, Nick always gets out and goes on while I'm trailing behind. Sometimes it feel like he doesn't care if come or not. I'd be so happy if he would reach out and take my hand, or even look back to see if I'm there. It just feels like he doesn't care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it Grace...Abby has a good suggestion...when you get out, hold his hand. You might also view the shopping trip as a way to spend time together and enjoy it...that might change your mindset. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas but Don doesn't hold hands and his legs come to my boobs. He's 16" taller so I try to get a head start, lol. But I hate shopping with him. We get into it because he checks labels on everything and if sugar is in it ( it's in EVERYTHING) he says put this back it's toxic for you as a diabetic. Grrrr. But he won't let me use Diet anything if he can help it. Torture going to the store with him so I try to stop on my way home from work. It's quicker easier and I don't get spanked for arguing after every shopping trip. A plus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh..... I can't even answer this. I have no idea. I do know the other day we were walking the dogs and he got ahead of me and it bugged me. Now I'm gonna be noticing the getting out of the car thing......and it's probably gonna bug me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know that I have an absolute answer as it probably changes. Most the time we will go off with whichever child is off and running ahead of us. Or we will walk as a family. Or sometimes we will hold hands. It depends. When the opportunity is there for the two of us to hold hands and he does not take mine I feel lost but mostly our hands will find each other or at least we will stay near...

    ReplyDelete