I got so many responses! I appreciated each and every one of them. I got comments and I got emails. I forwarded Bossman the emails and he read all the comments on my blog. Thank you for all the advice. We plan on trying some of the suggestions, but the timing has been off for us so we haven't pursued it. YET! We will. But with anal, you know, you gotta be in the mood!
In other news....my daughter is getting married. I know I already told you all, but I've been so horrible at blogging that I thought I would remind you. As much as I'd like to think I'm on the top of all your thoughts, I'm sure you have other things to think about besides me and my daughters wedding.
The planning is going well....thanks for asking! I know I said she was bridezilla, but she really has been good about everything. That's because I've learned to NOT give my opinion and to like everything she likes! YES, it's going great! HA!
We've secured the venue. We've secured a photographer. We've purchased the wedding gown. See, things are progressing. AND, costing a fortune! Luckily I only have one daughter!
Couple of weeks ago, we went down to visit her and the fiance. We decided to head to a bridal shop in her area, as she lives in a much bigger city than I do. We went in looking for veils. We spent a lot of time looking at the veils and we found the perfect one. As we were heading to the front to pay, my daughter says we should look at dress for me. Now? Nah, I'm not in the mood to look at dress for me, besides, the wedding is still 9 months away. Come ON, MOM! Lets do it...please?
So we look at dresses. She finds one she likes and asks me to try it on. GAH! NO! NO! NO!
So I try it on.
There is no mirror in the dressing room....stupid! So I have to come out. I think it looks ok, but I'm thinking it's a little much.
I walk out and my daughter just stares at me. THEN...I see tears shining in her eyes and she LOVES it.
Guess who bought a dress?
The first and only dress I tried on. I have to admit...I look pretty darn good in that dress. Pretty hot for a mother of the bride!
So, I need fashion help. I need shoes! Not silver shoes, although I think silver would look good, my daughter says no to silver.
So I need shoes and they can't be HIGH because I'm 5'10 and I don't want to tower over everyone.
Anyway, here's the dress...
What do you think?

I think you are going to be absolutely gorgeous in it! I think you have found the true way to get through a wedding - agree with everything and pay the bills! I remember my uncle introducing himself at his daughters wedding as the 'Pauper of the bride.'
ReplyDeletePauper of the Bride sounds about right! HA!
DeleteI think its perfect. I agree with PK, that's what we did, it was easier just be agreeable and pay the bills. If its too outlandish, make a suggestion.
ReplyDeleteShoes, it's hard to tell because not sure of the color of the dress, but not black.
Both of my sons and DILs paid for their own weddings...I did help my youngest DIL pick out her dress and shoes. Can't really tell but looks as if your dress is silver and crystals. What are your daughters colors? You might consider choosing shoes in one of her colors...open toed - thin strapped. Hope everything continues to go well with the wedding plans.
ReplyDeleteHugs and Blessings...
Cat
It's hard to tell what the color is but the description is calling it taupe. It's like a dark tan with sparkles!
DeleteWow.
ReplyDeleteThats all I can say. WOW.
classy, yet sexy in the alluring kind of way. (We've lost that in style lately)..asfor shoes..what about taking the dress to a bridal boutique, & ask if they can/or know a place where u can dye a shoe to match?
I was thinking of getting something that can be dyed! My daughter thinks a maroon or dark purple....as those are the colors of her wedding. Sexy? Hmmm....the jury is still out on that...but thanks! :)
DeleteThe dress looks gorgeous. Open toe and strappy shoes with a small heel. Can't say on a colour because can't see true colour from picture. You'll need a handbag as well.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ronnie
xx
Thanks! The color is sort of a dark tan color. I'm thinking strappy too. There is just so many different choices and I'm terrible at choices...LOL
DeleteAnother thought - if you can talk her into getting married on the beach maybe you won't need shoes!
ReplyDeleteI wish we were doing beach...but the bride said no. Luckily we are doing it at a venue in a historical hotel. Actually, the finding of the venue is a great idea for another post....because for once...I was RIGHT! HA!
DeleteThose are really nice shoes! We were just talking about wearing wedges! I guess great minds think alike and your mom and i have great minds!
ReplyDeleteThe dress is lovely! If you're worried about height, you could always wear ballet flat design. Kind of like this:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/Nine-West-Womens-Schmakaroo-Ballet/dp/B00L9TY4HQ/ref=sr_1_31?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1410452727&sr=1-31&keywords=taupe+ballet+flats
I was also thinking about you having the shoes died to match like Anon. suggested. Then you could get exactly the color you want.
Congratulations, Grace!
I love the dress. Congratulations! I need to take a page out of your book about not giving my opinion and liking what she likes. That would help us out a lot. Easier said then done.
ReplyDeleteNo time like the present to try the anal thingy ;-)
The dress is stunning...I am sure you will be beautiful. Glad the wedding planning is going well. My daughter likes to watch Say Yes to the Dress sometimes - already planning for her wedding and she is 9 :-) I will remember the advice...just like everything she likes :-) Can't give much shoe advice...I am a barefoot girl...for my own wedding I wore ballet flats... Hugs
ReplyDeleteHugs
I'm getting my daughter a ladder if she and Bill ever want to get married and possibly I might babysit their daughter while on a honeymoon, lol.
ReplyDeleteTruth be told I am not a wedding kind of gal but that dress is stunning. Good choice.
Have you found shoes yet? We're going to want to see when you do....had you thought about a nude shoe....I'm sure you could find a nice style....although I love the idea of the purple shoe.....anyhow gorgeous dress I bet you look amazing
ReplyDeleteI have not gotten shoes yet! We did get the bridesmaids dresses this weekend, so things are progressing!
ReplyDelete