one step forward

Things are looking up in graceland.  We are trying really hard to just be more loving to each other and not be so upset all the time.

It's a small step, but it's working so far.  This past weekend we had pictures done of the two of us.  We were suppose to do them for our 25th anniversary, but we never got around to it.  I guess 6 months late isn't too bad!

Anyway, we got them done and they turned out great.  There is one where we are looking into each others eyes with our foreheads pressed together and by golly, we look like we love each other!

I don't think we have any pics like that of us and frankly, that picture makes me smile every single time I look at it. I'd show it to you all, but then I'd have to kill you all and that is just so much time and money and work.

In other news, my favorite red-head is coming home tomorrow! He hasn't been home since August 10th!  I've missed that kid!  I did get to see him a couple of weeks ago when we went up to watch him play football.  He's a stud.  Everyone up there at his school just loves him and I'm so glad we sent him up there.  I've stocked the friger (as he used to call the refrigerator) with all his favorite foods and although he's only going to be here 5 days, my cupboards will be bare when he leaves!  But I don't mind that at all!

This weekend I went with my daughter and the bridesmaids and maid of honor to pick out their dresses for the wedding.  They are beautiful!  I had a little run in with the manager there and my momma bear claws had to come out.  See, my daughter used to work at this bridle store.  Now when we got there, we had an appointment so it's not like we just barged in or anything.  Seems while the maid of honor was getting changed, she and another of the girls over heard this manager talking about my daughter in a not-so-nice tone to another associate that works there.  I didn't hear it, so I don't know what was said, but my daughter was UPSET!  Now if there is one thing I've learned about brides it's....DON'T upset them!  They are the center of the world and you must treat them as such!

So, after we got the dresses we wanted, I had to pay for one, so I sent them all outside and then I got the manager to the side and had a discussion with her!  She claims she wasn't being rude, but the fact remains that my daughter was upset.  And I told her so!

It was very exciting and it's good to know that my momma bear skills are still there!

Well there is just one thing missing from this post.  Spanking!

HE knows I need one.  I know I need one.  But all he does is talk about it.

In his defense, he's been busy, busy, busy so there hasn't been much time, but golly I would sure like there to be some time.  A nice stingy butt is really all this gal needs!

That and a pair of shoes to go with my pretty pretty dress!

6 comments:

  1. Yes...a nice spanking would be nice...my last one is wearing off - I do wish they lasted longer. :-) Glad that things are looking up for you. Enjoy your visit with your son. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Grace...baby steps...hope you get the spanking you want soon.

    Congrats on protecting your baby bride...that manager should know better. She's not a good manager if she is going to make comments about a customer or an employee (current or former) within hearing distance of any customer. Not a good example for employees now is it.

    Hope you find your shoes soon...and please post a pic of them! :D

    Hugs and Blessing...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the pictures - are you really going to have to kill me? I loved them, really. I'm glad you're getting your boy home. I went 9 months with out seeing mine - horrible! Sounds like the wedding is coming together with relative calm. All that will be hard for me when the time comes. Not my cup of tea at all. I liked the boys wedding, all I had to do was show up!

    I got my first spanking forever last Thursday (since I was going to be gone Friday) and he has mentioned some things he wants to address this coming Friday. Scares me and makes me happy at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awful thing to experience while getting the most important dress you'll ever wear. Picking a wedding dress should not be an upsetting experience--I think I would have taken my business elsewhere, but kudos to you for speaking to the manager (who seemed very defensive.)

    Your pictures sound lovely! You should blow up and frame your favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I agree - a spanking and a nice pair of shoes will always make me happy. I don't think that the momma gene ever disappears. I have seen my mother, recently, show her claws and I am almost 50

    ReplyDelete