Being nice is hard

It's Saturday!  And I'm writing a post. And I've written a post at least once a week for the past few weeks.

These are all reasons to be excited.

BUT, the most important reason to be excited is...

My daughter is moving back to CA.

More importantly, she's moving in to my house for the next couple of months, with her husband, of course.

Her moving back is amazing.  I am so excited that she is moving back and she will be around her for the holidays and everything.

I'm not too excited that they are moving in with us for awhile.  BUT, I'll take the good with the bad and be happy, happy, happy.

On to other news....

Bossman and I are trying really hard to get along.  I hope that her moving in will not make things worse.  However, I'd like to point out that it is extremely hard to be nice.

I mean, I'm trying.  One night I had a really nice dinner made when Bossman got home.  We ate together and talked and it was nice.  But the next day I wasn't feeling it.  I didn't know what to do to be nice.  It was HARD.  I just wasn't in the mood.

I felt like if I tried everyday it would get easier, but it was really hard get in the mood.  I guess I've just been so unhappy for so long that trying to be nice and happy was hard.

It was eye opening.  I'm so used to being mean that it seemed unnatural to be nice.  I FORGOT how to be nice.

I'm working on it though.  AND, I think he's working on it too.

It's a start.

Did I mention the wildchild is moving back home with her husband?  Next week?

Well, she is.  In case I forgot to mention it.

Ok, carry on with your weekend.  I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. Happy for you. You want to set a good example for the newlyweds, so be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree wit Sunny, play nice even if it is hard!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretend Bossman is your son-in-law - I bet you'll treat him nice. Glad you'll be having your girl close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are both working on being nice together.
    Happy your daughter will be close again to you

    ReplyDelete