One of Bossmans friends commented that he wished his relationship was as good as ours.
Huh.
Last week a friend of mine came over for the afternoon. I've known her since 8th grade. She's single and she's the type of person that will have sex with anyone. But she really would like a serious relationship. She was the maid of honor at my wedding. She is always telling me how lucky I am to have Bossman. She is jealous of our relationship.
I am always surprised when people say that about me and Bossman. It's so interesting to realize that our outward appearance is so much different than our actual relationship. I sometimes wish our relationship was as great as people think it is. I wondered, are we living a lie?
As I was thinking that over I realized that maybe I am not seeing things the right way. MAYBE, our relationship is pretty great and I just don't see it. When I post a pic of us at the beach, we ARE having a good time. We are enjoying each other's company. I AM very lucky to have a husband that loves me and hasn't given up on our relationship.
Every relationship has its ups and downs. I have to remember how lucky I am and I have to appreciate what I realize is something I take for granted.
It's easy to say, harder to remember.
Also hard to remember...things aren't always as they appear.
I could have written this post - I think most of us are in the same boat.
ReplyDeleteLet's face it we only take pictures when we're having fun, not when we're in the middle of a funk. It comes down to the grass is always greener and it's nice when we realize we have much to be grateful for even if it's not always perfect.
so true...nobody sees behind the scenes...we all have ups and downs...no relationship is perfect...but to realize how grateful we are for what we do have is a blessing. Hugs
ReplyDeleteYep we'll all in this together. I know Nick and I are lucky and often I write like everything is perfect, even when it isn't. I know we have a better marriage than most. But I still read places and feel very envious. Like Sunny said, The grass is always greener...
ReplyDeleteI guess life is about ups and downs...maybe it is about having more ups than downs and maybe without even realizing it, you and Bossman have more ups and downs and maybe you just higher ups than other people and people see that. I think the key is that what your friends see if not some sort of false face you put on but rather honest good moments in your relationship.
ReplyDeleteRecognizing how lucky you are is a good thing! How great you see that. :-)