The last 6 months have been so crazy for me. I know I have shared some of it but there have been some developments that I haven't shared.
I don't know how many of you remember, but Bossman has a crazy mother. I mean, the woman is bonkers! A number of years ago she became a mus*limThe woman raised Bossman and his sisters in a strict christian family. Suddenly, she meets some guy on facebook and decides to become mus*lim. I am afraid she would find this blog online if I use the M word so I'll try not to use it much.
In any case, I'm all for people having their own beliefs in life, but her transition to M has just thrown the entire family for a loop. We have gotten used to it, but honestly, she's a old white woman in a head scarf. I know what it's called but I don't want to say it here. Trust me, it's weird. When this all first happened, she was very pushy with her new found beliefs. She would talk about Moha*mmd a lot and it drove us crazy. We didn't want to here it and she wouldn't stop even after asking her to stop.
6 years ago we lost Bossmans sister. It was a traumatic time for all of us but there was a ton of drama when it came time for the funeral. Since then there has been tons MORE drama and for the past 3 or 4 years we have had no contact with my MIL. We have had limited contact with Bossmans dad, and YES, he is still married to the crazy one. But we only saw him at church.
ANYWAY, I tell you all that so I can tell you that in June my FIL had some medical problems and Bossman felt we should go see him in the hospital and of course, we knew we would be seeing HER. We sucked it up and went and everything was ok. Bossman wasn't interested in having a full blown relationship with her, but over the months, they have needed some help with yard work and stuff and well, we've had some contact. On Bossmans birthday, she came over to our house. She hasn't been here for 4 years, so it was a little weird. Everyone got along fine, but they were here late and that is why I missed posting that day.
So, that's been going on and it's a little bit good and a little bit scary because although things are good, you never know when the drama will happen again and Bossman and I are not getting involved in the drama again. I'm praying there won't be drama because I think even though she's bonkers, she is Bossmans mom and she's getting older so...you just never know what will happen in life. Bossman's dad has a bad heart and who knows what will happen if he has a problem. She literally has no one in her life except Bossmans sister and she's pretty useless.
Well, this story could go on but I guess I bored you enough for today.
I am very thankful Bossman and his mom are on speaking terms. And right now that's all I can ask for.
Awww Grace...I do understand family drama and crazy family members. Have a niece and ex-SIL who would just as soon tell a lie as the truth...love to cause mayhem. :( So happy you were able to visit Bossman's dad without any drama. Sending lots of prayers and positive energy that all remains calm.
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings...Cat
I had wondered what had happened to crazy MIL. I hope you can continue to see her in peaceful ways and still very seldom!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, wow and I thought my mum was bonkers! I wish we could pick our family as well as our friends.
ReplyDeletelove Jan, xx
So sorry Grace but an arm's length relationship will make him feel better in the long run. Sorry - we old people get crazed. Do you notice other differences - is there possibly a medical reason for the behavior?
ReplyDeleteGrace,
ReplyDeleteThat is a lot of drama! Prayers for you both. It can be so hard to handle on a regular basis. Hope things stay on an even keel.
--Baker