When I last left you I was trying to walk. That was so ridiculous. I expected to be up and about in one day, instead I was down for a week unable to do anything but sit on the couch or lay down. Now, I know this sounds like it would be fun and it turns out, it wasn’t! It was boring and frustrating and I didn’t even binge watch Orange is the new black. I tell you, I am way behind!
But now a month later I am past all that and I wish wish wish I had a week to just lay around and watch tv. HA!
Just when I was getting better and able walk again, the boy had a problem. He told me his tailbone was hurting. No injury, no nothing. The only thing that changed was he got a job and was on his feet all day. So, we thought he just wasn’t used to it. Sunday morning (Oct 7) he could hardly walk. So we headed to the ER. After sitting at the hospital all day, AND watching a prisoner be evaluated AND seeing my 19 year old son’s butt crack WAY too many times, we found out he had a polynomial cyst. So, they had to drain it. And then I had to do something I never thought I’d have to do for my son. I had to buy him feminine hygiene pads. Yes, that’s right, I said feminine hygiene pads. FOR MY SON! HA! Turns out, those things are great because they can stick to the back of your pants and pad the area that got drained. You know what else is great? Calling your son and asking him what his flow is. I mean, is it a heavy flow? Light? Did he need wings? Oh did I have fun with that one!!! It’s surprising how much he didn’t appreciate my humor. I mean, come on, it was FUNNY! After the hilarity of that, I had to buy him a donut pillow. I never had so much fun at a pharmacy!
Honestly, it was painful and he had to miss a week of work so that wasn’t funny at all. But he survived and everyone is fairly healthy at the moment (everyone knock on wood).
The wildchild child is turning 27 on Wed. What the heck? She and her hubby are still trying for a baby, it’s heartbreaking to watch her go through that. It’s just not fair that some people can just blink and get pregnant and other people no matter how hard they try, just can’t do it. She’s doing her best to live her life and not get to sad about it, but I know she’s devastated that it hasn’t happened yet.
So, that’s what is happening here. My biggest stress right now is what to wear to a dinner for my husbands work. Don’t know if I mentioned it, but he’s a partner in his company now and I have to look like a partners wife. What doesn’t that even mean? I guess it means I have to look put together. HA! I usually like picking things that look good on a mannequin. What does one wear to a dinner at another partners house? A dress? A nice pair of pants and cute blouse? I don’t know. So if you need me I’ll be perusing all the websites for cute clothes. (Did I mention I hate shopping too?)
What’s going on with you? Are you ready for the holidays? If you are, I hate you!
Happy Halloween from Anastasia and Pugsly!

Good to see you friend. I'm glad everyone is back to reasonable health again. I'm sure the Wildchild's doctor is on top of things but after trying for 5years, 3 years and 2 years - my mom, my sister and I each got pregnant after a hysterosalpingogram. Just a thought.
ReplyDeleteAs for the holidays, I'm almost ready for Halloween.
Nice to see you back. I have no idea what to wear to a partner's dinner, are you friendly with any of the other wives? It took me almost two years to get pregnant with my first child and I cried every month, it was so hard. I only wish the best for your daughter. And, I would have been like you at the pharmacy. Lol
ReplyDeleteHey Grace...happy to see your post. Hmmm...what to where to a partner's dinner. Are you friendly with any of the other wives? If so, call and ask what she's wearing. If not, is it you invited for dinner or is it a dinner party? If it's just you, a pair of slacks with a nice blouse and possibly a sweater or jacket. If it's a formal dinner party, I'd look for a cocktail dress or cocktail suit. Good luck. Please let us know how it goes. Sending prayers and positive energy for your daughter and SIL.
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings...Cat
Glad everyone's health is good (am knocking on wood) and as for the son- im laughing along with u tho i can imagine how UNamused he might have been. Im with Cat on the dinner outfit.
ReplyDelete