TMI (or being a girl is hard!)

Life is never easy.  Just when you think you can relax and enjoy, something else happens.  In my case, it’s medical.  I got the results from all my scans and they came back fine.  Thank goodness!  Then, out of the blue, I start having a cycle. I haven’t had a cycle in a year and a half.  When I first got b/c I was placed on a medication to keep it away.  At the time (2010), I was told I would be on it for 5 years.  At about the 3rd year mark, studies came back saying that women had better success rate if they stayed on it for 10 years.  Awesome.  Meanwhile, every time I went for a pap they would tell me that my uterus was enlarged.  In 2017, my doc referred me to a gyro/oncologist because my hormones were really high, but I wasn’t having a period.  The meds I was on can cause uterine cancer.  So in 2017 I had a D and C.  They didn’t find much but some cysts and a fibroid.  No big deal.  By then it had been 8 months without a cycle.  Then in April of this year, I started bleeding.  Had major cramps for 4 days.  They did another ultra sound and everything was the same.  They said I could wait and see, or have a hysterectomy.  I chose wait and see.  They also said that if I got off the meds, it might help.  So in June, I stopped the meds.  I had been on them for 8 years.

Since then, there have been no problems until...

In November I had slight spotting.  December, I had spotting for a little longer.  January, I had an actual period. February, I have been spotting and bleeding all month.  Then last Tuesday I woke up with horrible cramps.  I still have those cramps.  First part of the month, I just spotted, a week ago Wednesday I started bleeding like a regular period.  Last night I started heavy bleeding.  Today I’m laying in my bed, trying not to move, changing my tampon and pad every 30 minutes, cramping like a champ. (I warned you this post was TMI)

Don’t worry, I have a doc appointment on Tuesday.

This is going to get better...right?  I mean, I really don’t want a hysterectomy.  I can barely make it to the doctor without having a panic attack.  I swear, I just want to live my life without health problems!

I will say, Bossman has been the real hero in this situation.  Honestly, he’s always the hero.  He really takes care of me.  I am extremely lucky.  He brought me flowers and cake yesterday and he’s doing laundry and chores.  He’s going to the store to buy me tampons later and that, my friends, is a real heroic man!!!

All I know is being a girl SUCKS!!!!!

Crampily yours,
grace

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to say, stop this. Stop this now! But I'm assuming you'd already thought of that. I know you are not a fan of doctors but several of my friends who have been quite pleased with their hysterectomy. Let me know what they say Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that the doctor has some good news. Please keep us posted. So glad that Bossman is being so helpful.

    ReplyDelete