Melancholy birthday

What is it about birthdays? Although I'm not really upset about getting older...I mean we can't help that can we? I get very melencholy around my birthday. I've only got 2 more days to be 35 and then I'm almost to 40! When you were 18, did you ever think you'd be 36? Geesh, I remember my mom at that age.

Anyway, I'm feeling like time is passing me by, my world is just the same thing over and over, and I feel like I'm just watching the parade pass me by. Somebody keeps hitting the repeat button. How do I turn it off? How do I make something exciting happen? I'm still trying to figure that out.

The kids are getting older now. My baby boy is not such a baby anymore. He reads, he does math, he has thoughts and feelings. He's so darn smart! The wildchild is on the brink of adulthood. She's 13 going on 21. She's hopfully going to highschool in the fall. How did this happen? When did she become this beautiful creature? When did she stop being a little girl? Sigh....like I said, the parade is passing me by.........

later.........