ups and downs

I have to admit, I had great fun writing the last couple of posts. It was interesting to go back and analyze our relationship. Funny how our perspective changes when you go back and look at it. I can tell you, those feelings were not so easy to identify when your going through it.

But last week was not a good week for me. Writing those posts was a great way to take my mind off of all of lifes troubles. Our finances are not the greatest right now. This is always stressful. Trying to make a teenager happy, plus keep everyone busy this summer really takes a toll. On top of everything else, our car decided to break down. With only one car working, I didn't get out of the house much last week. Talk about stir crazy! Not to mention the weather has decided to break all the heat records. I'm used to 70's, to have the temps reach 90 and 100...without air-conditioning....ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

All this stress is making me very cranky. I've been flying off the handle over really stupid things, and so I'm not much fun to be around. The kids have been around too much for any spankings, so that makes everything worse. Bossman has had plenty of reasons to break out the back scratcher, but there just hasn't been any opportunity for that.

But this week is much better..thank you very much. The car is getting fixed, even if it is costing us an arm and a leg. Although the weather is still hot, if I keep the fans trained on me the whole time, I won't melt. The finances will work themselves out, they always seem too. But no spankings in the immediate forecast.

I will try hard this week to snap out of the cranky mood. I will....I promise!

later......

3 comments:

  1. Grace,
    Any dollar afternoon movies that all the kids could go to at the same time. Actually you are helping me realize that having only one kid at home soon might not be so bad!

    I hope you can find some time for yourselves soon and I hope the weather breaks soon!

    I took the plunge and started blogging this weekend. I would love for you to stop by. I reread your post - The Worst. I really love that one.

    Elis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace, I'm sure that you and Bossman will work something out soon, you really sound as if you could do with a stress buster.
    We are also having very high temperatures here in the UK.
    Sending you positive thoughts and a big cool hug,
    Paul.
    TULOV your verification code, it's an omen. *G*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it that when the weather gets hot everything starts falling apart? I'm sure they fall apart when it's cooler, perhaps stuff just seems worse when we're too hot.

    I was happy to read that the car is getting repaired. Maybe a nice afternoon in a cool movie theatre will do everyone some good.

    In the meantime, cool baths and lots of water.

    **Big Hugs**

    ReplyDelete