
I just wanted to thank all of you for your wonderful comments on Friday. It's such a pleasure to know so many people are reading and actually coming back. To all my friends, thank you! Thank you for taking time to read and respond to my blog. You all make this so much fun! I didn't start out writing for others, but what a bonus it is to have you all here.
To the other readers, Thank you! It is such a surprise to find out people are actually enjoying what I have to say. It would be lovely if you would continue to leave a comment now and then, but if you can't or don't, just know that I know you are there, and I thank you.
Now, just in case any of you missed it, you might want to go look at my comments from the last post one more time. I just had a surprise comment from the love of my life, BOSSMAN!!! I guess he stopped by while I was sleeping last night! What a pleasant surprise! I sure do love that man!
Now, on to other news.
This is the week my wildchild turns 16. Wednesday is the official day, but the birthday week started on Saturday. Since my MIL (mother-in-law) is crazy, and I mean that in the nicest way, we can't have her over when others are over. She is the type of person that gets along with NO ONE! So, we had her over for lunch on Saturday to celebrate the birthday, along with Bossmans sister. My best friend, who is a saint from heaven came over as well. I call her a saint because she is the only one brave enough to come over when my MIL is over. She has seen this woman at her worst, she has even taken some of her wrath and yet, she still comes over when she is here. Thank GOD for good friends like that.
Let me just tell you a little about the MIL. First off, she has a myspace. Now, that wouldn't be too weird except....she only has ONE person that she officially knows in person. I know, you're thinking whats the difference between what she does and what I'm doing here? I'll tell you. Myspace is real. She has her real name and real pictures of herself and family on this site. She talks about the Bible and her beliefs. That wouldn't be so bad, but there is one other thing that she talks about, racial discrimination. Now, don't get me wrong, I am against racial stuff too. But my MIL wishes she was black. (she's not, but my FIL is half black, but looks white.) She claims that people have discriminated against her because she's married to a black man...AGAIN...I repeat...he doesn't even LOOK black. Another HUGE problem, she thinks these people are all REAL. Again, don't get me wrong, I think you're all real, but if Madonna or Michael Jackson left me a comment, I highly doubt it would be the real deals. She had the "night stalker" comment on her site, so she thought it was the real one. She said she was going to have to go to his parole hearing and make sure he didn't get out of jail because otherwise he would come after her because she deleted his comments. We tried telling her it wasn't the real guy, we even did a search on myspace and came up with 300+ "night stalker" websites. So, like I said, she's a little on the crazy side, and really, I do mean that in the nicest way!
Ok, enough about her. Back to my daughters birthday. On Wed. we will have MY side of the family over for cake and presents. THEN on Thursday, (no school on Friday) she is having friends over for videos and the GIRLS only will spend the night. Bossman and I agreed to leave the house for a couple of hours....I'm SOOO nervous about this. I've NEVER let her be home alone with friends. And now I'm allowing it with 10 friends! I'll let you know on Friday if this was a good idea or not.
So like I said, this is birthday week. For some reason the movie "Sixteen Candles" keeps running through my mind. Of course I could NEVER forget her birthday, as she reminds us on a daily basis and there is a running countdown on the calendar AND she has even programmed my phone to give me a reminder...EVERYDAY!!! (somebody help me turn that OFF!!!)
So, that's what my week will be like. Too much cake, too many teens in my house and a beautiful 16 year old that just wants to get her drivers license. (That is a discussion for another post)
Now, what the heck do I get the girl that has everything already and only wants money? Any ideas? She doesn't want make-up, can't buy her clothes, has every electronic device she could possibly need. I'm leaning toward jewelry. But ideas would be nice.
In other news, I got spanked last week. Bossman has been getting on me for slacking off. It's true. I slacked off big time last week. And then, I really screwed up. We went to the store, and I thought he was behind me, but he thought I was still in the car, so I was in the store and he was outside the store, waiting for me. YIKES, it sounds bad, I know. See, I get out of the car rather quickly. I walk quickly, Bossman takes longer. I have a hard time waiting for him. I'm always far ahead of him and this is quite a pet peeve of his. I don't blame him. I would be annoyed if he did that to me. So, this is something we've been working on. Since this latest problem was the worst, the spanking was pretty bad. The back scratcher really did the job well. Believe it or not, I think I would rather have the wooden spoon than that stupid BS. (ahhhh, that will be the name for it for now on...BS!) I never thought I would say that. The wooden spoon has always been scary for me. Now I'm thinking that the BS is worst! Maybe it just depends on how upset the hand that holds it actually is....could that be it?
Well, whatever it is, it hurt! Next time I go to the store with Bossman, I will be the last to get out of the car and I will hold his hand all the way there.
I know this was a long post, but I will be so busy with birthday that I may not get to post much this week. Therefore I left you with a post that you can read all week long!!! Wasn't that nice of me??
later.....
OMG, Grace, I think I'd kill myself! Between the MIL and the teen-frenzy, I don't know which is worse...
ReplyDeleteBut I also know how much love you feel for your daughter and this age is both memorable and sentimental, if only on your part right now. But these are the years she will look back on soon enough with ehr own sense of wonder and overwhelming love for you and Bossman both... enjoy it!
I vote for jewelry, not just cause she has everything else and not even cause it will mean so much to her now, but like I said, when she looks back, this birthday will be one of those "truly special" ones... give ehr something she can hold and wear and admire and know that it is filled to the brim with every ounce of love and gratitude, pride and joy that you feel for her.
Love and hugs... and I stopped by to answer Bossman on your other post! Have the dear man take a quick peek when he gets a minute!
Tiggs
Now wait. You're daughter's birthday is the 8th? So's my daughter! Cool.
ReplyDeleteI hate wood too. Talk about gritting the teeth!!
Hugs~
Night Stalker's Mother
No, really. I am. I swear.
Tig, I almost kill myself whenever she comes over! I think I'm opting for jewelry too! I can't think of anything else.
ReplyDeleteEva, I KNEW it! There's just something sinister about you. Oh, how cool, our daughters have the same birthday!
padme, Thanks for stopping by, I really enjoyed your story!
HUGS!
grace
Oh Grace.. you have a very... interesting.. MIL. And about the birthday gift, I agree with Tiggr... jewelry would really be perfect. She'll always have it to be reminded of being sweet 16. Enjoy it, Grace.. she's growing up fast.
ReplyDeleteAbout that ol' BS.. OUCH! Wood makes a very big impression, I much prefer leather.
Hey Grace.. I wanted to add a feed for your blog to my site but I don't think you have feeds enabled in your settings. I'll drop you an email about it and tell you how. I'd love to have your new stuff automatically show up on my site.
*hugs* Suzy
Grace! Sweet sixteen! Get her a car, a nice sporty convertible like Cassies'! Really I'm sure she would love it! While you are at it get one for Mollie too. I'm sure she would like one in a couple of years! LOL
ReplyDeleteI know your problem. Christmas is coming and my kids also have everything, EVERYTHING! What to do! Let me know what you decide on!
Stick close to Bossman going into a store. Nick used to always go way ahead of me and I hated it. He is much better about it now! You deserved the bs!
Hugs,
Elis
Poor Gracie the MIL sounds like she needs some treatment!
ReplyDeleteI saw Bossman's comment early yesterday. It was great. Remember to wait on him from now on. Let hand holding be your patience motivator!
The teenager! Mine's a boy whole different world! I vote jewelry...diamonds! Hehehe!
Can't wait to hear all about the big week on a Friday's post! BTW what did the MIL get the 16 year old for her big day?
Hugs
Theresa
Great post Grace, MIL's are God's way of training us for sainthood, Grace I think that you are nearly there.
ReplyDeleteYour Wildchild sounds so 16, it's wonderful, maybe when you look back in a few years you will think so too.
Have a great week and try not to get too exhausted.
Patience is a virtue, and saves you from the ****** BS. WEG.
Nice to meet you Bossman, please do it again.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Hope you have a great week.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Luv,
Lily.
have fun with the drivers license thing--just went throught that with my now 17 year old--it just leads to other things :)
ReplyDeleteHello it's bossman again. I don't think I am smart enough to figure out this comment thing. I posted a big long explanation from my point of view about the Wal-mart, Walking ahead incident and it didnt save.
ReplyDeleteWell after thinking about it for a few days it's just not that big of a deal. I know Grace did not do anything on purpose so all is forgiven.