A new Sheriff in town


The law has been laid down at my house.

Bossman is the long-arm of the law. He carries with him a badge and very mean looking backscratcher. If I wasn't sitting on the evidence, I would hardly believe it. So for all you detail whores, and those of you more refined detail connisseurs, and I think you know who you are, here it is.

Monday started off as most Mondays go. I got up to make the little mans lunch, and fix him breakfast. Bossman takes him to school on his way to work. I then headed back to my very warm and comfy bed. After a mid morning nap, I got up and surfed all my favorite blogs. After surfing, and watching cheesy morning shows, I decided I should get dressed. Ok, it was 1:00. Sheez, do you have to know EVERYTHING??

I got dressed and looked around. Wow, this house is a mess, I thought. So, I decided to do what any normal person would do. I went and played Zuma on the computer while watching Peoples Court.

It was about that time that Bossman came home for lunch. I made grilled cheese and we watched the Peoples Court. Then, it happened.

He stands up and comes over to me. He turns off the tv and grabs my hands to pull me off the couch. I know what this means and I'm not too happy about it. Remember, my butt was just toasted a day and a half ago! But Bossman says we need to talk and talking is much better in the bedroom. I had a bad feeling I wasn't going to like this talk!

First thing he does when we get into the bedroom is stick my nose against the wall. That wall and I are becoming such great friends. I think I should name the wall. Wall seems so impersonal. But, I digress...

Bossman then pulls my sweats down to my thighs. Did I mention the fact that I didn't really get dressed, I mostly just changed out of my pj bottoms into my sweats. Well after a few minutes of fuming, me, not him, he pulls me over his lap. I wasn't a very happy camper, seeing as how he had the BS in his hand. I tried to protest. I tried whining. I tried all my regular tricks for getting out of it. Didn't work.

After a couple of hours of stinging slaps from the BS, Bossman said we needed to talk. Ok, it was more like a couple of minutes, but it's hard to say for sure since there wasn't a clock handy for me to time it with. Have you ever tried to have a normal conversation while laying over someones knee? It's HARD!

Just when Bossman was about to start talking, the phone rang. Oh great, I thought this was my big break. I thought I was saved by the bell. Once again, I was wrong. Unlucky for me, the phone was sitting right next to him on the bed. ~sigh~ So much for my luck. He held a conversation with whoever was on the phone while I was still over his knee. He continued swatting my behind every once in awhile, I think that was just to make sure I didn't fall asleep. After about an hour long conversation...again, I didn't have a clock nearby, so it could have been a minute or it could have been an hour... he finally hangs up the phone.

Now it was time for the conversation. I will try and be as accurate as possible with this conversation, but I was under stress, so I can't promise that this will be accurate. Have you ever had a conversation with someone while over their knee while they are wielding a BS?? I may have already asked that question, but remember the stress I was under!

So, needless to say, Bossman did most of the talking. He talked about things like cleaning and getting dressed and..well...This is mostly what I heard....

Bossman: "Young lady, you need to get back into the swing of things, things like laundry and a clean bathroom...blah, blah, blah, blah, What do you think?"

Me: "Ah, what?"

Bossman: swat, swat, swat, with the BS

Me: "Oh, yes, ouch, yes, your right honey!"

Well, needless to say, I think I got the picture. It all boils down to this. I need to get off my lazy butt and do something around this house. I need to get dressed during the day instead of staying in my pjs until just before the kids come home from school. I need to clean the bedroom and bathroom everyday, and if I don't....well the BS is going to be used alot more often.

Finally, I had a deadline. I had to take care of stuff today, or the BS would be used again. As much as that sounds like fun to all of you, my butt has had just about enough...at least for the next day or two! So I think instead of writing this, I better get moving. I really don't want another date with the BS today.

So, I think I'll take my pillow off the chair and put it back on the bed, of course I'll be getting dressed and cleaning the bedroom and bathroom. Last time I was in the bathroom I heard the toilet brush calling my name.

I'll tell you what, the long-arm of the law has spoken, so as a law abiding citizen I think I'll follow the law.....

at least until tomorrow!

later.........

15 comments:

  1. LOL! This whole post could've been me, right down to the part about him not bothering to let me up when the phone rings! Nothing's worse than having your bare bottom on display while he's on the phone with your mom. :)

    Hugs,

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... you really are feeling better!!! Go Bossman. Er, I mean, Grace... sweetie... do what he asks. I wouldn't want you getting much more of the BS!!

    Big hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace it sounds like things are getting back to normal! I think bossman needs you to take some special care of him after all of his caring for you for so long! Looks like it is time follow the law! :-)

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Law Abiding Citizen,

    It was with sincere appreciation of the Law Enforcement Officer in your home I read this post dedicated to your understanding of the proper use of corporal punishment as a deterrent to spousal delinquency. I fully condone and support implementation of discipline to reinforce long standing roles within a proper relationship.

    Sincerely,
    A Refined Detail Connoisseur

    ***I have no idea where that just came from, Grace. I'm glad you're feeling better, that toilets will be clean in your house again and that we're enjoying the details!***

    ♥ Ceeci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace,
    As you friend with the most active detail whore gene I thank you! Sorry girl but this is just wonderful, remember - you don't spank sick people. And since I do a lot of vicarious living these days, well you are just helping enormously!

    Big hugs and soft pillows,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace in your defense you have been sick. I'm sure that is why the house is such a mess.

    But I guess this means you are better! At least Bossman seems to see an improvement.

    So now that you are better, get those bedrooms and bathrooms clean, so you have time to write us some regular posts!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace, the fact that you are sitting sensitive proves one thing, apart from the fact that you need to change your attitude, you are BETTER yippee!!!!
    Warm hugs,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I think I should name the wall. Wall seems so impersonal."

    How about Eskimo?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grace,
    I've had a hectic schedule this week, and am way behind on blog reading. How wonderful it was that this was the first one I read, and find you feeling well enough for some real Dd motivation!

    I must confess I hope your new law-abiding status takes a while to sink in. We wouldn't want to wait too long for more details of Bossman's bare bottom justice!

    Hugs,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel for you Grace...we have a back scratcher too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracy: I don't think Bossman has actually talked to my MOM while I was over his lap, but this is not a new thing for him. He seems to enjoy having me over his knee while talking on the phone. I, on the other hand, don't find it so amusing!

    Eva: Not sure whose side your on, but thanks just the same...I think!

    Yes, Carye I think Bossman needs a little TLC, just like my bottom!

    Ceeci: I don't know what to say...you just CRACK me up!

    PK: You are right, never spank a sicko...I mean, never spank someone who is sick. Hmmm, that just gave me a great idea for getting out of the next one1

    Theresa, thank you for coming to my defense. But I have to ask, isn't 4 posts in one week regular enough for you?

    Paul, I feel the same way...YIPPEE!

    Greenwoman, thanks so much for the suggestion. Eskimo could work. I think next time I'm standing there, I'll see what Wall thinks.

    Dave, So, you want me to break the law??? Just so you can get the juicy details? I think this makes you a detail whore...but I'm not sure. Do you savor the details or plow right through them?

    mthc, Isn't the BS the worst? I don't think these people appreciate the sting it actually gives! At least I know someone else knows my pain!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Details whores... naming the wall... the "BS"... the phone... lol... loved this post! Hope your bottom isn't toooo sore.

    :)
    ~Todd & Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's good to hear that you're feeling much better, even though the rear end may be tender!

    It's going to be on my mind all night what your wall should be named! Wilson is taken I believe, so I'm sure something else will come along!

    ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nope 4 is not enough. But then I don't think I could get enough! I love your sense of humor!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yippee, Yahoo and let's party!!!! Seriously... somebody blow up the balloons and I'll hang the streamers!!!!

    Yeah Grace AND Bossman, er, um, I mean Sheriff!

    Love you girl,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete