What a weekend!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and Mothers day.

I guess I should tell you about mine.

Mine started early Friday morning. My daughter and I went to the hospital around 8 in the morning. Labor was in full progress, but my sis was still in good spirits. Around 11, the contractions were getting worse, but there wasn't much progress on the dilation front. Around noon, my daughter was bored and hungry. We decided to head out for some lunch, since it seemed the baby wasn't going to come for awhile. I should mention, I was in charge of going to get my niece from school when the baby was getting closer to coming. My niece is 9 and was planning on being in the delivery room.

The wildchild and I headed out for some food. 20 minutes or so later, my mom calls. It's time to get my niece. I couldn't believe it, just 20 minutes earlier it seemed the baby wasn't going to come for hours.

I went and signed my niece out of school and headed back to the hospital. My mother comes running out of the room, telling us to hurry. She tells my niece that her mom is in more pain than she thought she would be in, so she didn't have to come in if she didn't want too. My niece wants to come in, says she's watched deliveries on the discovery channel and she's not afraid. I go in too! The wildchild decides the labor room is not the place for her. (BTW, having a teen watch someone in labor is a GREAT form of birthcontrol..LOL) The wildchild also decided that she will NEVER be a doctor or a nurse, or frankly, she doesn't want to work anywhere NEAR a hospital. LOL

Anyway, we get in the delivery room right in time. Within 20 minutes, the baby is delivered! How AWESOME! I've never been in the room with someone else giving birth. It's definitely less painful just watching!

Mom and baby are GREAT! Baby boy is certainly a cute one. He started crying before he was even all the way out. He's got loads of hair! He's almost 7lbs and he's 19 inches long. Can you tell I'm a proud Auntie?

So, the same day, our father had heart surgery. He made it through the surgery. That is pretty much all I know right now.

I've decided something the last couple of days and I think it hit me last night. I can't stay angry. I can't be angry with someone who is going through this rough time. I can't even be angry with him when he gets better. It's not fair to him, or to me for that matter.

The things that happened in my childhood are long gone. I can't change what happened and neither can he. What is the point of being angry? It doesn't solve anything and it won't change a thing. The only thing I can do now is move on. I don't have to have a close relationship with him, but I don't have to shut him out completely. I realized that life is too short to worry about all this nonsense.

So, I'm going to carry on with my life. I hope he will be ok and we can someday talk. If that doesn't happen, so be it. It is what it is. That's all it can be.

Anyway, back to my weekend. Because in the end, it really is, all about me!

Mother's day was fantastic. My little man made me a very nice vase at school. They planted a vine and wrapped it around a wire that is shaped like a heart. My son wrote me a card too. Here is what the card said: (I'll type it just the way he typed it in the card. Except his name, of course!)

My mom has the biggest heart ever and I will tell you why. My mom has many special qualities. She is very kind because she loves me. She's also a good cook and always makes me dinner. She's very funny and tells funny jokes. She is very cool and dresses very good. She's very good at reading because she reads ALL DAY! She got me in the habit of reading, so know I can read chapter book in one hour!!!!!
My mom does a lot of things for me. She helps me with my room. One time when I got a new bed, I had to clean my room she helped me. She does all the laundry IN THE HOUSE!!!!! She buys me pokemon cards and one time bought me the colossal pack. Last but not least she loves me.

Boy oh boy do I have a lot of special memories. One of them is when my family got a new car. They got it just for me and my sister. my mom said "We should get this car for the little man because he will love it. It has air condishinging and six seats. The back and front have recliners. The there is the football games. My mom came to every game and could you hear her! She was the loudest!!!! "little man, Little man " yelled my mom. Because of her I made the play 3 times in a row. Man, so many good memories. My mom has the biggest heart EVER!!


So, there you have it! Straight from the little mans heart. It just doesn't get much better than that!

I sure hope you all had as great a weekend as I did.

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing. I DID get spanked two times last week and once today. Too bad I already typed so much today. Otherwise I'd give out the details. ~sigh~ Too bad!

Guess I'll have to save that for another time!

♥ grace

13 comments:

  1. I don't know any details about the spankings you got, but I know you deserve at least one more!!

    I am so happy that the baby is here and well. Babies in the family are so exciting!! I am also glad your dad came though everything well. Your thoughts about him seem very smart.

    Little man's letter is wonderful. Our children - how did they get to be so wonderful??

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, what a full and wonderful week end.
    Congratulations Auntie, perhaps it would be a good idea for all young teens to have to watch a close family member giving birth, possibly the cheapest form of contraception around.
    It seems that your little guy appreciates his mom, as he should.
    If we are wise with our children, we will have wise children.
    Looking back in anger is bad for your disposition, digestion, blood pressure and stress levels.
    As you say, we can't change the past, only the future by loving who and what we are now.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, your son's card made me cry! So sweet! What a great kid! :)

    And this made me laugh: having a teen watch someone in labor is a GREAT form of birthcontrol..LOL)

    TRUE DAT!

    As for your anger, right on. Anger kept inside only makes us toxic. Anger serves a purpose when we need to protect ourselves but that isn't the case here.

    And yes, you may point and mock me because I do hold onto anger towards some people I've known; my ex father-in-law, for instance.

    But maybe one day I'll be able to let go of my anger towards him (and some others) and that will be a good day. :)

    So kudos to YOU, Grace! :) You're doing something I wish I could do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Grace! Sound like your baby boy is doing great! Congrats Proud Auntie!!!! I'm glad you are getting past your anger towards your father. I am sure there are many many things in his life he would change if he could change the past. All we can do is look to the future and go from there. I loved your letter from little man! How sweet and wonderful! I got something similar from my daughter who's in 2nd grade. Sweet as can be! I just love that! Being a mom is just an awesome thing! oops! gotta go check on the "nappers" who are NOT Napping... I'm hearing strange noises....

    Take care! Hugs!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and big blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids are so cool. I think I want one. No wait. I did NOT just say that!!! ROFL Glad all is well with the new little one but can you believe PK is as calm as she is over the lack of details you're teasing her with? You better get writing here or else there's no tellin' what PK might do!!

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You have a wonderful son, too! Glad to hear everything turned out well.

    Huggs,
    Reesa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grace, you are a great big tease...with a big heart, of course!

    Thanks for sharing your mother's day card. What a precious treasure! I feel like I know you a lot better now! How heartwarming it must be to see yourself through your son's eyes and hear how much he loves you.

    "It is what it is" is a phrase that my Tommy uses a lot. Simple, but so very true. I'm glad you've been able to accept that and move on with such a positive attitude.

    Best wishes to your sister and famiy and her new little son. It sounds like he got a warm welcome into the world!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you! Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day s well.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry this is late, but congratulations on becoming an Auntie again!

    I hope you had a great mothers day, the present your son made sounds very nice and was something to treasure always!

    Hugs
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great weekend! I am so glad you are a new auntie, and coming to terms with your dad. Enjoy you cute cute boy! I sure do miss mine! They turn into men!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a day! I'm glad that all is working out. What a great letter your little man wrote! I am sure you are very proud of him!
    Hugs,
    Kallisto

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new little guy... and on the great mom's day and the beautiful card from your own little man. And for the spankings, too... but mostly I'm just glad for you... cuase I do love you ever so much and am gladdest of all that you're finding peace within yourself.

    Love you much,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete