The game that wasn't

Recovery efforts are about the same, not much eating, not much drinking.

Well, the patient isn't eating or drinking. But if I was a drinking woman, I'd be pouring me a couple, BELIEVE me!

The good news is, she's taking full advantage of MOM! I've become her personal slave, changing sheets, running out to buy milkshakes that she only drinks two sips from, buying all kinds of magazines. I'm giving her all the appropriate sympathies where needed. I've dispensed all meds, I've gotten spit bowls and towels to wipe drool.

I have a greater appreciation for my favorite nurse,Theresa!

So, you've probably heard I didn't get to go to the Dodgers baseball game. (At this point I should hear lots of sympathetic noises!)

The boys did get to go, and guess who they saw???



For those of you that don't watch TV, that would be Ian Ziering.

And this would be....
Mary Hart

Did I mention my husband is the paparazzi? Apparently it's that, or he's just a stalker of anyone famous!

Of course there were no records broken by Barry Bonds that night, but the Dodgers did manage to win! Of course this blog entry would not be complete without a pic of good ole' Mr. Bonds trying to break the record.



I TOLD you those were some good seats!!!

Oh well, the boys had a blast, and they did manage to see something that is far better than all these pics combined. They managed to see Mr. Bonds with his fly down. Too bad there are NO pics of that...LOL!

Hope ya'll have a good weekend. Don't worry about me, I think I have this nursing thing all figured out.....NOT!

9 comments:

  1. Wow!! Those were some good seats!! I am definitely a baseball fan. I have my favorite team. They've been my favorite for 20 years. They've had good years. Bad years. I've only ever gone to ONE game and the seats were lousy. And it was hot. I like just watching on TV with the AC running on HIGH!!! I'm so sorry you missed Mr. Bonds' ummmm..... stuff.

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame you missed the game! I have only ever been to one MLB game (well.. two if you count the one my parents took me to when I was only 3). I loved the overall experience at the ballpark, but as far as watching the game, I'm with Eva... would much rather watch at home where it's cool with a private bathroom!

    Sounds like recovery is moving along, but maybe not as quickly as you'd like. Hang in there!

    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, good to hear that the Wildchild is coming along.
    I've never been to any big sporting events, not too happy in crowds.
    I hope that she continues to improve, have a great weekend.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my sympathy on nursing a daughter I know she is appreciating everything you are doing. Unfortunately she won't realize she appreciates it until she is doing it for her teenage daughter. So holding you breath wouldn't be a good idea! LOL Things will improve!

    I am with Paul about the crowds and when it comes to sports I can barely tell which ball is used for which games so I don't think I could be called a fan but I hope you can get to a ballgame sometime soon if that is what you want.

    Now why did Mr. Bonds have his fly opened?

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love baseball, but enjoy it like everyone else from the comfort of home... and since most of my favorite games aren't shown on our tv for less than $200 for the season, I "watch" them on ESPN scoreboard...

    I've been to one MLB game and hope to see a game at Fenway before I die... I was an old Dodgers fan years ago, am not a Bonds fan, but sure would have gotten a kick out of catching him with his fly down! ROFL!

    Glad your Wildchild is mending, and perhaps this is some much-needed mom/daughter time, too. She won't show it now, but in years to come, when she looks back, she will be very, very grateful!

    Love,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope she is at least taking the pain meds now. If not hold her nose and make her take it. When she was little you made her take it, right? I learned this in nursig school. Trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep,nursing a teenager is no fun. Although our oldest was an excellent baseball player and truly loved the sport we're more into football.Now we've been to some of the NFL games but they are only fun at night in the summer and early fall.Would much rather watch it on our big screen at home.Our youngest starts junior varsity football practice monday so i guess all that will change!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're more into football too. I do watch a little baseball, but not much anymore. Used to love it though. HOpe the wild child is improving steadily. I'm not the best nurse around of my kids. so far usually I've been sick the same time as them!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just for clarification, we are WAY bigger football players than baseball. We don't even follow baseball, but it is really fun to go to the real games!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete