Home Again

So, things haven't been going so great for the wildchild. Everything was fine this weekend and we thought she was on the upswing. How wrong were we??

Monday evening, the wildchild was trying to decide what outfit to wear for the first day of school. On Sunday we managed to get a few hours of shopping in, and she just wasn't sure which outfit to wear. She had planned to spend the night at her friends on Tuesday so they could all go to school together on Wed. My, my, how things change in a matter of minutes. Actually, it was a few hours later, around 11:30 when she came in and said she was bleeding again.

Now the blood wasn't nearly as severe as it was last week. Within a matter of minutes the bleeding has stopped. Since it stopped fairly soon, we decided to wait until morning and call her doctor.

At 1:00 in the morning she came back into our room to tell us the bleeding was back. It was more than earlier, but still not as much as last week. In any case we decided to take her back to the ER.

Bossman took her in. The bleeding has stopped by the time they got there, but then it started again. Around 2:30 they got it stopped, but they decided to call in a specialist. Turns out the specialists don't come in until at least 6am. Bossman and the wildchild hung out in the ER until 6. At 6 Bossman called and said to get down there for they were admitting her and taking her to surgery. They decided to put some stitches. I arrived with the little man around 6:40. By 7am she was already in surgery.

They decided to keep her in the hospital until the following day. We got home yesterday around 1:00 in the afternoon.

Apparently, her blood count went pretty low, that is why they didn't send her home after the bleeding stopped. The doc told me yesterday that if her blood count had gotten any lower they would have had to do a blood transfusion. YIKES!

Seems the area that was bleeding was bleeding more than we thought. It was pretty far back in her throat and we are assuming that it was bleeding down her throat and she didn't even know it.

Anyway, we are home now and she is doing ok. It's a lot like starting over, her throat is very sore and she isn't really talking or eating much. It's not quite as bad as the first because it is only on one side. They are hoping she will be able to start school on Tuesday.

Of course this is all if she doesn't bleed again. They did say it takes about 4 weeks or so to get your blood count back up. So she will be extremely tired and weak, possibly light-headed, for awhile. The doc said she could take iron, but that tends to make people constipated and he would rather not risk anything else happening to her right now.

The bright side to this is, they treated us like GOLD! Apparently Bossmans complaint must have made an impression. Although she does have the rep of being the girl that passes out when given an IV, as overheard in the ER.

I hope this is the last crisis we will have. The wildchild doesn't believe she will ever get better. I'm trying really hard to keep her upbeat. I don't need her getting depressed.

Now, the fun begins. I get to fight with my insurance for them to make sure and cover all this. Because this all happened here, NOT with the doc that is 50+ miles away.

All this, and I still babysit my nephew. But I've subcontracted that job out to someone else. Think my sister will mind???

10 comments:

  1. Good heavens, honey. I hope all is finally finished with the wildchild's throat and she can get back to normal and off to school. Best wishes to you all...
    hugs,
    Kallisto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. What an ordeal for poor Wildchild. I am keeping her and you in my prayers.

    I'm just sure you're the best mom ever at helping her stay positive. You always have a way of putting a fun spin on things...love your subcontractor!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless both of your hearts. As for Bossman...Go Bossman, Go Bossman, Go Bossman!

    Poor baby and her senior year too. My fingers are crossed that this is the end and recovery is right around the corner.

    Huggs and Love
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, Grace, and be sure to spoil the wildchild rotten... she sure has earned it after all this... and Bossman, too! Love ya lots and I've got all my appendages crossed that this is the end of the unpleasantness!
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys have really had a rough time. Maybe your subcontractor could watch the Wildchild for a while while you and Bossman get some rest too. I do hope when she does get started this will be a really good year for her.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Grace you guys have really had a hard time. Hope the wildchild is better by Tuesday. Btw, i just love your subcontracted babysitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace, this is hard on the Wildchild and you all. I hope that the Wildchild is finally on the road to recovery.
    You and your are all in my prayers.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry this is still such an ordeal although I'm glad the ER stepped up their game. :)

    I have to say, it sounds like whoever did the surgery screwed up; this should not have happened. It's a fairly simply procedure, even though she is older. If your insurance won't cover, you might want to go after whoever did the work in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your subcontractor looks alert and very attentive. I think you made a wise choice.

    Keep the faith, Grace, this will all be behind you soon. Once she's in school this time will become a memory.

    ciao bella~
    CeeCi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! It never seems to end for the wildchild this month. I'm keeping my fingers crosses for her and the whole family! I'm wishing you a boring weekend, sweetie!

    *hugs* Suzy

    ReplyDelete