Last year, I was taken to the hospital for Thanksgiving, in an ambulance. Not so fun. Boy am I thankful that I was able to enjoy Thanksgiving without being sick.
This year we had dinner at my house and then we went on a little trip. We went to my moms property, which is in the high desert about 4 hours from my house. Believe it or not, the best time to take a long drive is Thanksgiving night. Everybody is home sleeping off the tryptophan from the turkey.
We left the house around 5ish. We have a portable dvd player and we bought the dvd, Shrek the Third. None of us had seen this Shrek movie and we loved the other two, so we knew this would be good. Anyway, I drove the first half of the trip. The wildchild sat in the front with me and the boys sat in the back to watch the movie. When they were finished with the movie, it was time for a pee break and then we switch places and the wildchild and I watched the movie. The movie was great and the driving time went by very quickly. We actually had alot of fun.
On Friday, we took the kids to a ghost town. We saw a gun fight, rode the train and my son made a rope. We also took a little tour of the underground mine. It was a nice little trip for all of us and we had a great time.
On Saturday, we headed to Sin city. That's right, we went to Las Vegas! Bossman has a sister that lives there and we had a GREAT time. The little man took his very first rollercoaster ride on the New York, New York. Unfortunately he didn't like it all that much...LOL He said next time he would like to try a smaller coaster.
On Sunday, we spent most of the day hanging out on the strip. We had a lot of fun, but my legs were very very tired of walking. Since my moms place is only 2 hours from Vegas, we thought the trip back to her place would be a piece of cake and then on Monday we would head the rest of the way home, therefore beating all the traffic...right? WRONG! The two hour trip from Vegas to my moms turned out to be over 5 hours long. That's right, 5 hours!!!
Turns out everyone was heading home from Vegas, heading to LA. Not only that, but there was a horrific accident. We were in stopped traffic for over an hour before we got to the head of the line. We were 4 cars from the front, could see the entire accident being cleaned up in front of us, when they stopped traffic completely. Next thing we hear is the helicopter landing in front of us, on the highway, to pick up some victims. It was VERY horrible. I didn't want the little man to witness anything bad, but since we got stopped RIGHT in the front, there was no way to hide it from him. Unfortunately there were victims that didn't make it. They were in body bags, but on the side away from my sons side of the car. I don't think he saw them. The wildchild did though. It really put a damper on the situation. I was very thankful I wasn't involved in that.
The rest of the drive was still bumper to bumper and after a while we did get back to our loopy selfs. We started making up silly songs and just doing very silly things. That's what happens when you are trapped in a car, at night, for 5 hours!
After arriving at my moms, we went straight to bed. The next morning my mom took us out for breakfast and then we headed home.
Although we had a GREAT time, it certainly was nice to be home. Of course now that we made it home, the fun really begins. I had to pick up the little man from school today because he is SICK. 101 fever. Not fun! Poor kid. I'm just glad he got to enjoy our vacation before getting sick. He had the best time collecting souvenirs. The lady at the hotel even let him keep the key card from our room. He had everything pack up to show his friends today and then before he could share it all, he got sick. My poor little man.
Well, that's all to report. Since there were children ever present, there were no spanking to be had. I'm hoping that this sad report will be resolved soon, as I could really use some spankin' time.
I'll leave you with some pics from our vacation. Enjoy!

This is part of the gun fight.
Robbers got shot
Roller coaster as seen from hotel room.
Sounds like a fun time except the waiting for the accident. Hope you get your cheeks warmed soon,
ReplyDelete*hugs and grins*
Grace, glad that you had a good time, shame about the accident.
ReplyDeleteI hope that Bossman will fill you need soon.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Hello Grace,
ReplyDeleteLove your new Holiday decorations!
That said I will go back and read your post.
Cheers.
denise
Grace,
ReplyDeleteLove your new look for the holidays! Very festive and inviting.
Glad you had a great little vacation. Sorry about the accident. I used to hate the 15 for that very reason when I was living in San Diego. Not a day went by without a mishap or two (or 100). I actually hated the freeway!
Hope you get what you need soon!
Debbie :)
Sounds fun! (Except for the accident, ew! :() And I hate that roller coaster; every time I see it it scares the heck out of me!
ReplyDeleteI love that old ghost town kind of stuff!!! Even more so though I LOVE your new look. Seems like everyone's dressing up for the holidays!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs~
Eva
I love the new template. I am so glad you had a great time. I also remember you and last year, I am so glad this year is better.
ReplyDeleteI love you. Good health!
Huggs
Theresa
I love this Grace! I do remember this time last year and I am so happy that this was a good Thanksgiving for your family.
ReplyDeleteDid you find a good spot for all of us to get together in Vegas. I really think that should be something we should plan on in the future!
Hugs,
PK