Things change day by day around here.
I was planning a big graduation party, but graduation is on a Friday and I was thinking nobody (except family) would be there. So then I was thinking of having it on Saturday or Sunday. The wildchild has different ideas. She has plans, with people, other than her family! Typical teen.
So, I am actually happy about this because really, who wants to plan a big party anyway?
So we will have a family thing at the house after the graduation and leave it at that. Easy enough for me.
Prom plans are going well. The dress is beautiful. We got a really nice necklace and earrings to match. We are still working on shoes. My girl, she's picky!
Also, my foot is feeling better! I've been taking my nephew out for walks everyday and I went back to the gym and walked on the treadmill again. It still doesn't hurt, so that's a good thing. I just found out that there are pilate videos on my cable ONDemand that I can watch for free! Thanks to Amber! *waves to Amber* I'm going to give that a try.
As for spanking...we've had some of that TOO! Not as much as I'd like, but we've been fitting it in when we can. The wooden spoon got some work in and we haven't seen that one in a while. I think I liked it better in the closet, but I think Bossman had a different feeling. I think he liked it.
So, anything new in your neck of the woods? Tell me something interesting!
We did the exact same thing at graduation ..my son's was on a friday night so all of the family went out for a late dinner afterwards..then he had the weekend to do what ever he wanted..Glad your foot is healing..isn't ONDEMAND wonderful!
ReplyDeleteOK I need details please. No not the spanking. The dress, the necklace, and the shoes once you have found them.
ReplyDeleteI was going to suggest the same as mtch, do a special family dinner to celebrate. Bake her a cake. Ok ok you don't like to cook. I'll come over. We can hang out.
I found 15 minutes worth of pilates on YouTube. So what's ONDemand???
Huggs
Theresa
OK it will be a miracle if you get this. I am looking at the hardest word verification of my entire blogging history. Wish me luck!
We have something called Project Graduation here. All seniors and one guest may, and are encouraged, to to it. Non-Alcoholic, games, music, dancing, fair rides, and door prizes - including a car that is given away at 5 o'clock in the morning. It is held at our fair grounds and began as a way to keep our kids from leaving at midnight to go to the beach. LJ loved it.
ReplyDeleteBut even when LJ turned 18 and 20 it was his friends who threw the parites. They wanted it that way and it was fine with me. Our children LOVE us, I know this. But right now we are not the focus of their lives. Sigh...
Hugs,
pk
Grace, sounds great if the Wildchild is happy.
ReplyDeleteLove it if you post a pic of her in the outfit, you could blur out her face.
I'm glad that you are getting what you need.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
As Mthc has said we did the family thing when our oldest graduated. The ondemand we have with our cable is great along with a Tivo/Dvr box.
ReplyDelete*hugs and grins*
Hi! Sounds like a family celebration is perfect to make everyone happy. And I am sure your daughter will be simply beautiful in her prom dress. As for exitement here...hmmmm...I will have to think about that...I went to the zoo with my children and we had a fun day! :-)
ReplyDeleteGrace, glad you found some pilates on the tube! Awesome! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteAnd good luck with the graduation festivities!